Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just got an 08 CRV today. But I realized that I have lost a lot of storage space by this thing only having the cup holder tray. Is there any replacement or upgrade available to make it into a real center console with storage? Been looking around and I can't find anything.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got excited when I saw your post of the complete console for $50. Looking at your link, all the pieces needed would be a lot more than $50!

·
2,196 Posts
I recently got an '07 EXL, with the full center console, and I do NOT like it. It is worthless, as it has very limited storage. I also have no use for the flimsy and weak OEM seat armrests. What I prefer is a large, tall center console with a large, comfortable wide center armrest, like the late models have. So, my plan is to either adapt a late model console from a CR-V or an Acura, or just build my own. Since I have a full working wood shop I have everything I need to do this. I've made a couple in years past for other vehicles. I'd also like to have one that incorporates space for a bolt-in in-dash install of a CB/ham radio. I figure I can go two ways with this. Either modify a later model console to fit, or build one. I also do leather work, so I can make it look good, whichever I decide to do. I may tackle this in the summer when I am ready to do my audio upgrade, and if so I will post a thread on it in the DIY Mods section. Good luck, and let us know what you do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts