Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was thinking, is there any way I could increase the performance of my V? Now I know that the Honda CRV isn't really the kind of car built for speed, but I would love to see if I could get a little more "oopmh". Turbos and Superchargers are obviously out of the question, but are there a few small changes I could make to increase the performance? I'm not asking for a lot, a few HP here and a little more efficiency there is all I'm asking. Any ideas anyone?

-MC

·
Registered
720 Posts
u can try to look for headers, exhaust, intake.
the combination of the 3 will probably get you maybe an additional 10 horses. turbo and s/c are nice but very expensive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, alright. I'll look into them; maybe I'll get lucky and find some sweet parts for it. It's probably going to be a little tough since not many suppliers make parts for the V, considering it's not very popular on the "street market", heh. Thanks though, I'll definitely look around.

-MC

·
Registered
841 Posts
In addition to your point about the availability of after market performance parts for a CR-V in general, you have a brand new Gen 3. It's going to be tough.:(

Good luck and I'm betting a bunch of people on this forum will be interested in your findings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, finding parts is gonna be brutal. What were the changes made from the '07 to the '08? I'm wondering if they were significant enough to change the engine and therefore require different parts. Maybe, maybe not. I'm looking right now, let's hope I find something :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
give it a few months. shouldnt be too hard to find parts for a honda.
the engine is more or less the same/similar as the one in the previous gen crv and also in the the accord.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah, I think i'll have to wait a few months. But hey, that'll give me some time to break in the engine so it'll be running in top condition when I do get those parts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Drop a V8 into it! ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
haha YEAH! Let's see if I can just rip the chassis right off the car!
Does Honda even offer a V8? Why not drop in a turbo'ed 3.5L V6 like from the Accord? I'm surprised they DIDN'T do that or offer it with it's cylinder deactivation capabilities.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Does Honda even offer a V8? Why not drop in a turbo'ed 3.5L V6 like from the Accord? I'm surprised they DIDN'T do that or offer it with it's cylinder deactivation capabilities.
If you look under the hood of your V (Gen 3), you will find that the engine compartment accommodates the K24Z1 very nicely but there isn't much room for a V6 much less a V8. There is a lot of talk, however, about the prospects for a K24Z2 (177 hp) or a K24Z3 (190 hp) in future CR-Vs. Both the K24Z2 and K24Z3 engines are currently available in the Accord.

I can personally vouch for the K24Z3. It would definitely make a V sing a happy tune.:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm, that does sound quite appealing. However, my wallet might not sing such a happy tune, considering that I am still in school. I think i'll have to stay with the small modifications, and whenever I'm feeling in an especially "fast" mood, I'll just take out my V8 Volks Touareg. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts