Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a oem foglight kit on 08 crv,I want to install a bypass to turn on foglights with high beams or foglights with marker lights anyone figure out a bypass jumper.i did this on my 2000 accord oem kit on the push button switch.

·
Registered
150 Posts
@Tjscrv2008

Hello,

Because the orchestration of the fog lights and high beams is done by the MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit) the only "simple" way to accomplish what you are after is to ground the PINK wire between F21 of the Under Dash Fuse Box (UDFB) and terminal P3 of the fog light relay with a switch (the switch should be rated for at least 3A/12VDC) to ground anytime you want to fog light ON period (with this switch OFF, fog light operation would return to normal).

Bear in mind since the fog light relay is HOT at all times, the fog light will remain ON anytime your by-pass switch is ON.

Text Diagram Technical drawing Line Parallel

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

·
Registered
28 Posts
@BigMo

Hey this is great info! I’ve been searching for this for over a year. So just to make sure, from the picture below, is my understanding to bypass the pink wire coming from the fog lights relay, is that correct?

Your help is really appreciated!

Ed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
@BigMo

I’m sorry to bother you... I just don’t want to screw it up.In this case your recommendation is to use a "switch" to do the "bypass", otherwise could I just splice the pink wire to a ground in the chassis? Once again, thank you very much for your assistance on this matter.

Ed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
@BigMo

I’m sorry to bother you... I just don’t want to screw it up.In this case your recommendation is to use a "switch" to do the "bypass", otherwise could I just splice the pink wire to a ground in the chassis? Once again, thank you very much for your assistance on this matter.

Ed.
Yes, a switch to ground rated at 3A, 12VDC will be adequate. Just remember, by doing this, if you walk away from the car with the switch ON, the fog lights will remain ON as well and you will drain the battery. See attached.

Cheers!
Text Diagram Line Parallel Technical drawing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Reviving this; looking for opinions if this is logical.
So in reality if I wanted to use fogs for DRLs, but have full functionality of them when head lights are on;
I could do this by installing a default closed relay across the wiring to the headlight switch, and a default open relay across the wiring to an 12 volt switched connection (lighter socket is a good example).
I wonder what it's like to find an ignition switched 12v source under the kick plate, and also what it's like to find the wiring to the headlight switch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.