Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So figured I would get a thread going hear of everything that has been do to my 3rd gen so far. After selling my summer toy (JDM B18C swapped 97 hatch) I couldn't shake the itch and decided if I couldn't have the speed I would have the look! It was a humble beginning...

I installed a Avital 2 Way Alarm/Remote Starter combo. As well as Kenwood Navigation Double Din, 2 pairs of Pioneer component tweeters to round out the sound from stock speakers. Old school Rockford Fosgate 200a4 running the highs. An old school Orion XTR PRO 12" 1000w sub handles the low end being powered by an old school Orion HCCA 225g4 2 channel amp. 5 Farad cap and yellow top battery handle the juice. Cobra 12 band radar detector was also hardwired in. Tint was done later. 70% on the fronts 20% on the rest. 5% tint band across the windshield. Set of old school PIAA true 85w Dichroic fog lights.
All of this was fun but it was time to do something big. So I tracked down a company who makes an intake for the 3rd gen V and ordered one. A Shark intake by Simota Racing.

Recently I replaced the stock air intake hose with one made by HPS for the Si. Both motors and bays are very similar in setup and orientation so the performance HPS hose fit fine. link to the hose is here >>> http://www.hps-siliconehoses.com/06-07-08-09-10-11-honda-civic-si-hps-blue-silicone-air-intake-hose-post-maf-tube.html?gclid=CL-Ckcmf1sUCFc0YHwodJ0MAPQ

Finally after seeing the 07 Mugen CR-V I decided I needed to do a replica as the grill and wing gave the V such a great look.
So...started with the grill...

Next I decided it must be lowered! Went with a set of H&R Springs as well as pair of Megan Racing adjustable camber arms for the rear in preparation for new rims. Brought the V down about 2+ inches in rear and about 1.5" in the front...

continue>>>>

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next I installed the Mugen wing and chrome grille accents for front as well OEM Chrome exhaust tip, 2.4L chrome decal and chrome rear grill. Chrome door handle covers were also installed.

Finally OEM Black running boards and Stern Jock 5 19" rims wrapped in Perelli 245/50R19 were installed to really bring the V to a whole new look!

Future plans before the big car show here in CNY in August will be projector headlight conversion and new obx or Megan Racing exhaust to get rid of ugly stock muffler.

Few more shots...
PIAA's...

Mugen rear view mirror cover...

and some more whole shots...

Let me know what you think or if you have questions.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Next I installed the Mugen wing and chrome grille accents for front as well OEM Chrome exhaust tip, 2.4L chrome decal and chrome rear grill. Chrome door handle covers were also installed.

Finally OEM Black running boards and Stern Jock 5 19" rims wrapped in Perelli 245/50R19 were installed to really bring the V to a whole new look!

Future plans before the big car show here in CNY in August will be projector headlight conversion and new obx or Megan Racing exhaust to get rid of ugly stock muffler.

Few more shots...
PIAA's...

Mugen rear view mirror cover...

and some more whole shots...

Let me know what you think or if you have questions.
Hello,
Your V is looking very cool, please share pics once you install the new headlights

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, I thought Mugen only modified Civic's and Integra's. Pretty sweet looking Mugen CRV!
They make Mugen versions of a ton of the models in japan. Civic, Accord, Fit, CR-V, CR-Z, and a bunch more. Some of the most insane CR-V's I see though are from Taiwan. They do to CR-V's what guys do to civics in the states. It's insane.

·
Registered
117 Posts
They make Mugen versions of a ton of the models in japan. Civic, Accord, Fit, CR-V, CR-Z, and a bunch more. Some of the most insane CR-V's I see though are from Taiwan. They do to CR-V's what guys do to civics in the states. It's insane.
Make me curious to check out the rest of the works on these Honda's. They did excellent job there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts