Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This is a first post and will be my first CRV, although we have had an odyssey which we traded in for a pilot when we moved to Nebraska...

Anyway. I was all set a couple of days ago to buy an '08 EX-L w/Nav in Borrego Beige Metallic. Our dealer here has about 30-40 CRV's on the lot, but only one in the color/config I wanted. Anyway, they let me take it home that night to do an "extended" test drive, and i was to meet them the next afternoon, to potentially seal the deal. They had offered me $100 over Invoice, so it would have been something like 27,184, which from reading here isn't too bad--not the best, but reasonable. Well, to make a long story short, just after I got to work the next AM, I get a call saying that they had made a "dealer-to-dealer" trade, and that they needed the car back ASAP. Needless to say, I was pretty PO'd, as I would probably have bought that afternoon.

They admitted, that when they made the trade, which was AFTER I had shown an interest in it, that they had failed to contact the salesman I was working with first, and so, would not have done so otherwise. So, since I had made it pretty clear that that was the color/config I wanted, they offered to "order/acquire" an '09 in Borrego Beige Metallic, and offered it at $100 over invoice. The problem here ,is that since invoice went up, I would end up paying something closer to 27,584, and since it's an '09, I would not be able to get the 3.9 financing, which, I am not sure I would have gotten anyway. The question is, is this a good deal, for a brand new '09, I mean, are they really doing me any favors here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well, I'm not sure I'd believe the story...

However, if they are really going to give you the '09 for $100 over, then I'd make sure I'd get it in writing. Also, they'll probably ask for some sort of money down even if it is only $500 or so. Make sure that is refundable if you change you mind and head down to the Nissan dealer for instance. Also give then a firm date (also in writing).

Yes the invoice is higher, but you'll get an '09 vs an '08 which will have better value if you intend to resell. However, if you planning on driving it into the ground, then you don't care.

My bet? They'll say they couldn't find one for you and offer you one of the leftover '08s at invoice or something just to move it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,
This is a first post and will be my first CRV, although we have had an odyssey which we traded in for a pilot when we moved to Nebraska...

Anyway. I was all set a couple of days ago to buy an '08 EX-L w/Nav in Borrego Beige Metallic. Our dealer here has about 30-40 CRV's on the lot, but only one in the color/config I wanted. Anyway, they let me take it home that night to do an "extended" test drive, and i was to meet them the next afternoon, to potentially seal the deal. They had offered me $100 over Invoice, so it would have been something like 27,184, which from reading here isn't too bad--not the best, but reasonable. Well, to make a long story short, just after I got to work the next AM, I get a call saying that they had made a "dealer-to-dealer" trade, and that they needed the car back ASAP. Needless to say, I was pretty PO'd, as I would probably have bought that afternoon.

They admitted, that when they made the trade, which was AFTER I had shown an interest in it, that they had failed to contact the salesman I was working with first, and so, would not have done so otherwise. So, since I had made it pretty clear that that was the color/config I wanted, they offered to "order/acquire" an '09 in Borrego Beige Metallic, and offered it at $100 over invoice. The problem here ,is that since invoice went up, I would end up paying something closer to 27,584, and since it's an '09, I would not be able to get the 3.9 financing, which, I am not sure I would have gotten anyway. The question is, is this a good deal, for a brand new '09, I mean, are they really doing me any favors here?

Thanks!
That's bad deal, but you were luckly to drive it around. They traded it right under your nose. I won't even deal with them after that stunt they had pulled on you. 2008 can be got for under the invoice at some dealers it depends where you start from . I had use Edmund and said I was ready to buy but I did everything online through email I didn't want a bunch of dealers sales guys or gals call me up at where I had worked or lived.

If you do it online you'll get a bunch of Honda dealers Internet Managers to make a sweet deal. No what you want and no what you want to spend and put down on the vehicle. Be care when you finance with the dealer BS Finance Manager, he or she as another name but you'll see when you face them. There job is to get as much from you in stupid deals and offers. Extra life insurance (if you are no longer going to be able to pay for the vehicle) $2,500 max, then there is GAP insurance (check with your own auto insurance see if they offer that that protects the value of the vehicle) otherwise they'll charge almost $1,000 on top of the deal. Honda Care service is cheaper if you buy it online than at the dealership as they can charge almost 3x the mount to $2,500 for 8 years. Extra paint protection and Lowjack are other stuff they'll try to put into the deal. Making it seem like you're still getting low interest rate but might be getting over 15% mark?

I got them to throw-in Fog lights and have it installed for free no tax nothing more. General Manager okay that in writing. Push that like crazy until they just don't want to hear it no more. Even after buying the vehicle pound the GM guy or gal until they give you a time and date for the 4 hr job to be done.

Each dealer will be different.. Pretty much I find them all the same. Right now no body is buying so if you are you can make a deal with them if they go your color and etc you want.

Check the sticker price and where the CR-V was made. Japan Assembled, Japan Engine, Japan Transmission, USA Assembled, USA Engine, Japan Transmission is now on the 2009 models and some 2008.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2009 EX-L 2WD w/Navi - Urban Titanium w/Black Interior

Yesterday in Little Rock, AR i purchased a Urban Titanium 2009 EX-L 2WD w/Navi and black leather for 50 dollars over invoice for 26,560. I had two dealerships combatting for my business over price. This dealership won because it had the best price and service, and also the only color combination in a 6 state radius. That was the out the door price. I am still responsible for taxes and registration.

I am pretty happy with this deal. I had other dealerships tell me they were easily selling them at sticker price.

Anyone done any better than that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Interesting story... Last month I got a new CRV, 09 EXL. I told my sales person I would be back the next day with my partner for a final test drive and seal the deal on the only silver with leather. When I showed up, I was informed that unbeknownst to her, the dealer had swapped it and it was not available. I was crushed as I had spent several days coming to my final decision. We then spent an hour looking at other colors to determine if I would take a different one. I did not really care for any others, so when I started to waffle on the whole deal and was thinking about leaving, she went to the manager. He said they would not let me walk and sold me the car. Don;t know if it was a ploy to get me to buy, or it was legit. I did get a pretty decent deal- $26,100, though had to lean on them to give me more for my trade in. All in all, it left me with a less than positive feeling towards the dealer (big surprise, eh?) I think their service dept is good though, and they will replace the tires when they wear out (twice!) which is a good deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too live in the Omaha area. I have bought/sold many cars, and I have gotten two 08's at invoice, and one 09 at invoice for my family from out of the area.

Of course, I have already bought several other new cars at this dealer, so maybe its a thank you.

Anyhow, there is only one dealer in the area that I will NEVER deal with... most of the others are very good. I also have one favorite, and two HIGHLY recommended ones.

Just now trying to buy my first CR-V... and a used one to boot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
crv exl 09 price paid

CRV EXL 2WD 2009: got mine about a month ago in southern california. price before tax and license was $23,900. that includes the $670 destination charge. Also included dealer installed wheel locks. FINAL OTD: $26,100.

oh, also included a $50 costco gift certificate to be used at the dealer for accessories since I was referred through the costco auto buyer's program. although because I also did my own internet pricing, i was able to beat the "costco member's only price."

what do ya think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts