Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem: I recently upgraded headlights to Sylvania SilverStar. Keep blowing just one headlight. Sometimes the right one and sometimes the left.

Question: When pulling the caps off the roof rack accessory port, if you look inside there are two holes where you can put a bolt inside. Does anyone know the size of bolt that threads into it?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Also know that headlights should be replaced in pairs, and you should not touch bulbs with your bare hands as the oil on your hands can shorten the life.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Plus one for not touching halogen bulbs with bare fingers - this is not a myth, they will burn out very prematurely. I clean them with a lint-free cloth and rubbing alcohol before installing and I wear vinyl gloves when handling.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem with those head lights. I love them because they're nice and bright, but they blow after only a couple of months. I too made absolutely sure I wasn't touching the bulbs in any way. After this round, I doubt that I'll buy them again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hate silver stars you get 3 to 8 months if lucky ,they are over priced and junk,I buy leds I've had them for 5 yrs now changed them out cause one was getting washed out in color ,dont waste your money with bright halogen piaa or silver star lights.mind as well throw your money on the highway

·
Registered
521 Posts
Been running Osram Nightbreakers in all my halogen cars. No premature burnout, a couple of years guaranteed.

·
1,987 Posts
Folks, it's difficult to help with your specific issues if you do not tell us the year and model of your V and where you are. Adding to that confusion is that you posted in the most generic section on the forum. Please provide full information on the car and your location, and post your questions in the appropriate Generation Section for your vehicle for best results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts