Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title say’s, our CRV is year old tomorrow and it has 16,000 miles on it. It has had a tough year, rock hit the windshield when it was less then 2 months old, that is where I got my little chip.
We took it on a 5,000 mile trip where it got a scratch and a dent in the drivers door. We were near Edmonton Canada at the time.
And in October we got rear ended when it was stopped waiting to make a left turn by a teenage girl doing 45mph. The teenage girl was driving GrandMa’s car at the time. Her car went under ours and ripped the floor off behind the rear axle, destroyed the rear tires, the spare tire went flying down the street, “$7,000” in damage.
Went through a Minnesota winter, a few hale storms , 100+ degree days. All in all its been a GREAT car!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Happy CRV Birthday to you. Wishing you a safe and accident free future. And through it all you still love your CRV as it provides you with much joy. Cheers!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Like the title say’s, our CRV is year old tomorrow and it has 16,000 miles on it. It has had a tough year, rock hit the windshield when it was less then 2 months old, that is where I got my little chip.
We took it on a 5,000 mile trip where it got a scratch and a dent in the drivers door. We were near Edmonton Canada at the time.
And in October we got rear ended when it was stopped waiting to make a left turn by a teenage girl doing 45mph. The teenage girl was driving GrandMa’s car at the time. Her car went under ours and ripped the floor off behind the rear axle, destroyed the rear tires, the spare tire went flying down the street, “$7,000” in damage.
Went through a Minnesota winter, a few hale storms , 100+ degree days. All in all its been a GREAT car!
Wow..I got tapped in the back after owning it 2 months.. did 2500 in damage.. Had to replace the bumper and tailgate

·
Registered
2,187 Posts

Wow I am trying to visualize this accident and I am not sure how the vehicle was not written off!
It would sound like about 1/4 of the underneath of the car was ripped right off. So I assume that they had to replace that then you would have needed a new bumper, a new rear axle plus suspension, rotors and all the other parts. Do you have any pictures of the damage?

Rob

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow I am trying to visualize this accident and I am not sure how the vehicle was not written off!
It would sound like about 1/4 of the underneath of the car was ripped right off. So I assume that they had to replace that then you would have needed a new bumper, a new rear axle plus suspension, rotors and all the other parts. Do you have any pictures of the damage?

Rob
The parts that were damaged was the exhaust, rear tires, tailgate, cargo floor, rear bumper + aluminum square tube. The exhaust pipes were flattened and each punchered a rear tire when the penetrated the side walls.. Both rear fenders were untouched, basically the teenage girls car picked up our rear end off of the ground and scooted our car forward at impact.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ABBRA did the repair for me, it took them a month to do it. We together went through the “I-Car” book and planned the whole repair. I choose to do a 1/2 cargo pan instead of a whole pan. I felt that it would keep the CRV’s integrity and strength more then removing the floor behind the front seats.
They also have a lifetime warranty that covers the repairs.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
ABBRA did the repair for me, it took them a month to do it. We together went through the “I-Car” book and planned the whole repair. I choose to do a 1/2 cargo pan instead of a whole pan. I felt that it would keep the CRV’s integrity and strength more then removing the floor behind the front seats.
They also have a lifetime warranty that covers the repairs.
I hope you received a payout for diminished value.

That stinks that it happened to such a new vehicle. Glad everyone was ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts