Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I forgot to mention...
If there's nothing in the wiring harness on the new Android radio plug for pin 17, then you do need to add a jumper wire from this (17 in the Android harness) to the factory amp trigger wire (21 on the factory wire) as shown in the second pic. Then make sure the wire is connected all the way through the various Android wiring harnesses.

If you guys think it will help, I can pull my head unit out this weekend and take some more pics of my wiring.

· Registered
10 Posts
I forgot to mention...
If there's nothing in the wiring harness on the new Android radio plug for pin 17, then you do need to add a jumper wire from this (17 in the Android harness) to the factory amp trigger wire (21 on the factory wire) as shown in the second pic. Then make sure the wire is connected all the way through the various Android wiring harnesses.

If you guys think it will help, I can pull my head unit out this weekend and take some more pics of my wiring.
Looking for the rear camera signal cable to the iMID screen in the picture below (the small one above the Android screen) for a Gen 4/2014 CRV. Pretty sure I can split the signal and get the Android to display it. Have not been able to find anything here in the forum. Thanks!
Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Vehicle door Bumper

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Looking for the rear camera signal cable to the iMID screen in the picture below (the small one above the Android screen) for a Gen 4/2014 CRV. Pretty sure I can split the signal and get the Android to display it. Have not been able to find anything here in the forum. Thanks! View attachment 138767 View attachment 138767
There was another post saying it was pins 18 & 19 on the back of the imid. I tried it and no luck on my EXL. The wiring diagram did not match my car either. If anyone has a pinout doc for the imid, please share.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

· Registered
5 Posts
I forgot to mention...

If you have time to post pictures of your setup I would appreciate that. Still not having any luck.

· Registered
5 Posts
Followed FinshLine's post and used the antenna (ANT) too on my unit to wake upthe amplifier, too. My unit is now fully functional now. Thanks to FinishLine for recommending such a wonderful unit.
Could you explain in more detail what you did with the ANT wire? I dont understand what you connected it to "wake" the amplifier

· Registered
2013 Honda CR-V EX-L (no navigation)
132 Posts
What does not work:
  • Phone buttons on the steering wheel. I have not figured out how to make them work.
If you want to use the Voice, Answer and End buttons you must hardwire them into the canbus SWC analog input. (If there is one). The wire you need to connect into can be found by removing the plastic panels surrounding the steering wheel column and accessing the SWC connector which houses the wire. Once you have located the connector you must splice into pin 3. Wire color is normally Yellow in the CRV but may vary by vehicle.

Reactions: FinishLine

· Registered
14 Posts
I follow this topic because i have the same system. yet i do have a other problem wich is that my steeringwheel buttons dont work. (Vol up/down, Src) The iMID screen shows more than before :) (there was a pioneer avicF installed)
Now i have to arrange the volume from the Android -unit. What i am i missing here? CR-V 2013 EL

This is the unit

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Mine came with a canbus adapter and it was plug and play. It just worked. There is an app on mine called SWC for steering wheel controls. It has settings for the buttons although I've never used it. You can try to reset to defaults. Otherwise it may be an issue with the wiring. On the Android side, it should have a brown and brown/black wire. Make sure those are connected all through the harness back to the CRV wiring.

· Registered
14 Posts
@FinishLine, Mine came with Canbus and i've choosen the right Canbus (relax w/o Usb) But on the old radio unit there was like a homemade plug with the dark en brown wire.

"Make sure those are connected all through the harness back to the CRV wiring." can you explain this a bit more, i dont understand where to connect on what?

thnx

· Registered
2013 Honda CR-V EX-L (no navigation)
132 Posts
I also dont have sound there is a wire blue/white with amp_CON tag, where should i connect it, i have this radio
The Con tag blue/white should be connected to red wire pin 21 of radio connector A, the one with 24 pins. This should power the amp and you get sound.

· Registered
14 Posts
Oke, an update will do. I have sound, navi and all. I only can't arrange the volume/channel up/down form the steeringwheel. In the iMID screen i can change the menu but cant set the time. from left to right works but up en down is doin nothing. When i am on the end of the menu in iMID screen the up/down but lights up but cant do anything. I mailed the radio guy and he sended me a video. (That cable (white and black/white i dont have)
Swop threads?

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
I have an option in my radios date and time settings to set the time from the network, which can be wifi or the gps. It automatically syncs the time when it get connected/signal.
It also has an option to set it manually. Once set, it shows on the imid via the canbus connection.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.