Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
3,300 Posts
This thread is for posting of news articles and other relevant information on the subject of gas in oil.

To submit a news article for publication here, please PM either Rocky or Carbuff2 with the link to the article.

Articles may be from any region in the world. The majority of active forum users are in North America and therefore these articles will likely have most relevance to active forum users. Only Moderators may post but credit for sending the article to moderators will be given.

The current practice of closing any new thread on this subject will continue.

The existing thread on this subject is now closed but may be read here: https://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/175858-1-5-turbo-psa-potential-issue-watch-your-oil-level.html . This action, while regretful, makes sense given the negativity and personal attacks being made in said thread that are not in keeping with community standards.

Thank you

·
Administrator
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully others can confirm this news-

rpeloski said:
I just received this email from my local dealership.

“We have just received word from Honda Canada that a countermeasure will be coming out effective November 2018 to correct the oil dilution concerns for 2017-2018 Honda CRV’s. The countermeasure will include updates to the PGM-FI (programmed fuel injection) and CVT control software, as well as replacement of the climate control unit. In addition, Honda Canada will provide a warranty extension on certain engine components for up to 6 years from the original date of purchase with no mileage limit.”

Not sure if this is considered trusted enough to post in th sticky but it is the first actual update I’ve had on the subject since I first had the trouble in January.

It corresponds with other reports of a November fix.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would claim that this is an issue that affects each and every one of us.

I trust expert advice that claim that oil dilution to the extent that many of us are experiencing is not good for an engine long term. If these experts are correct, then once these engines start failing in a few years, it will tank the resale value of everyone's cr-v on this forum, not only the ones who experienced this issue.

Having this fixed properly is in everyone's best interest. Unless Honda comes up with scientific literature supporting their claim that fuel in oil is a non-issue, I'll trust science.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.