Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, who was number 100,000? I think they should get some type of recognition.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,451 Posts
I think they should get some type of recognition.
I think #100,000 should buy the rest of us a Virtual Beer! :rolleyes: 🤣 🤣 🤣

More seriously, I've never found a # listing, not that I've looked. Where did you see it, on the homepage/forum list?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think #100,000 should buy the rest of us a Virtual Beer! :rolleyes: 🤣 🤣 🤣

More seriously, I've never found a # listing, not that I've looked. Where did you see it, on the homepage/forum list?
It shows up on the main Forum page. It seems to have shot up pretty quickly over the past couple months.

Copy and paste, below.

"Honda CR-V Owners Club ForumsSince 2006Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
393.5Kposts
100Kmembers"

·
Registered
707 Posts
Go to your profile. The URL includes your member number. It's 39K something for me.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go to your profile. The URL includes your member number. It's 39K something for me.
I see that "arudlang", who joined recently, shows over 400k. So, I don't think that's an accurate way to count. Maybe there have been over 300k banned members? :p

·
Registered
707 Posts
Your and mine correlate with our membership years. Perhaps the forum system also numbers join attempts by bots which either get deleted or do not click the confirmation mails.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,451 Posts
OK, OK...I go directly to my ALERTS. :rolleyes: 🤣 Rarely visit the homepage.

·
2,814 Posts
I don't think that url number is chronological. Mine is 3886xx, lower than yours, but you joined years before I did. It would be interesting to know the details on this.

·
Registered
1999 Honda CR-V
33 Posts
kloker said:
I don't think that url number is chronological. Mine is 3886xx, lower than yours, but you joined years before I did. It would be interesting to know the details on this.
I think you missed a numeral, mrtn is 39,472 while you are 388,677 so you are much, much higher numerically.

Most database tables have an auto-incrementing identifier created when a new record is inserted (ie, a new member record). Every new record gets an ID that is one number higher than the last, and the database does this automatically.

When records in the middle are deleted, the numbers don't change.

So say the first person joins up and he is #1, then a bot joins as #2, then another human as #3.

When the bot is deleted, #3 does not change to #2, his ID will always be #3.

Suppose another bot joins as #4, and then is deleted. When the next person signs up they will be #5, even though #4 was deleted. The ID only increments, it never goes back to fill in any blanks or re-use any that have been used before.

Some of the time the bad/bot records would not be actually deleted, they just get marked as deleted so they don't show but the record may still be there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts