Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been keeping up with regular maintenance on my 2013 purchased new on 01/01/14. 100k miles should be achieved by January 1st. Other than regular fluid changes and the front brakes are there any ignition or timing belt replacements for this model? The car has been problem free for 92k miles so far.

1. Transmission fluid change

2. Rear differential fluid change

3. Coolant change

4. I was going to change the brake fluid when I did the rear brakes, front have been done.

5. Oil change

6. What about spark plugs or timing belt?

Thx

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Yes on spark plugs. Use the recommended brand and number.
I believe it is NGK 5787 ILZKR7B-11S Laser Iridium Plug or a Denso SXU22HCR11S Iridium Long Life (SIP) Spark Plug. If you buy them online, you can usually find a decent price. Watch for excessive shipping charges when the price seems too low. :eek:
Please verify that those numbers are correct before buying and installing.
Buffalo4
PS: Don't forget about your cabin air filter. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
High mileage

When I was shopping for a used CRV, I looked at a 2013 that 'only' had 80K, but the hatch trim was literally in pieces- as if it was used to transport large heavy cases. If I can ask - out of curiosity, is this your daily commuter or is it used for something other? Thanks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I believe that 100k on my '09 called for valve adjustment as well - it's a good idea to have that done. There is a guide around here somewhere to diy, but I think it was just under $100 at our dealer.

It's the cold time of year, but if you have a garage the coolant and transmission are easily accessible and easy diy jobs if you are so inclined and wanted to reduce the overall cost. Rear diff is also pretty straightforward but can be cumbersome with the filling tube method - I bought a $3 hand pump and had it done in 20 minutes (easier to get to with back end jacked up).

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I was shopping for a used CRV, I looked at a 2013 that 'only' had 80K, but the hatch trim was literally in pieces- as if it was used to transport large heavy cases. If I can ask - out of curiosity, is this your daily commuter or is it used for something other? Thanks.
This vehicle is used for fleet service in Florida. I drive it around 1100 miles per week give or take. Good car.

As for the cabin filter, I produced a video that has over 10k hits on changing it. saved many people lots of $.

·
Registered
187 Posts
hello; I have a 13V I got used. Did yours come with Bridgestone tires? Just wondering as mine did and at over 30000 mile they look real good.
thanks
IBBY

·
Registered
47 Posts
Been keeping up with regular maintenance on my 2013 purchased new on 01/01/14. 100k miles should be achieved by January 1st. Other than regular fluid changes and the front brakes are there any ignition or timing belt replacements for this model? The car has been problem free for 92k miles so far.

1. Transmission fluid change

2. Rear differential fluid change

3. Coolant change

4. I was going to change the brake fluid when I did the rear brakes, front have been done.

5. Oil change

6. What about spark plugs or timing belt?

Thx
Wow Congrats!!

Ironically funny I have a 2012 crv purchased in January, 2013 and I just hit 20k!

Any breakdowns in the 100k?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No breakdowns of any kind.
1. Added new Focal door speakers and tweeters and a Clarion 300w amp when purchased and seat covers.
2. Added OEM mud flaps.
3. Yellow Optima battery @ 53k after a slow start in dead of winter.
4. Original Bridgestones went 50k and now on Goodyear Assurances. Much better.
5. Regular oil, trans, & rear differential fluid changes.
6. Recently added about 3 cups of coolant.
7. Regular filter changes.
8. Average around 24 MPG in town and 30 on the hwy.
9. They need to make it in beige in 2016.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Hopefully you change your engine air filter once in a while. :)
Might want to check for coolant leak(s) at the hose connections or near the radiator cap.
Sounds like your CRV is going great!!
Buffalo4

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hopefully you change your engine air filter once in a while. :)
Might want to check for coolant leak(s) at the hose connections or near the radiator cap.
Sounds like your CRV is going great!!
Buffalo4
#7, regular filter changes (includes oil, air and cabin). I keep at least one or two in stock all the time for both vehicles.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
El morte'!

I broke down today. My 375 day old Optima Yellow Top gave up the ghost today with 51k miles on it. I run a lot of additional electrical equipment such as a hard wired camera, radar unit, twin 12v cabin plug-ins, satellite radio plus all of the OEM accessories on an EX.

I sit and idle sometimes for a couple of hours with the a/c on while listening to the radio and doing paperwork. I got out to use the restroom this afternoon and the MFer wouldn't start.

I replaced it with an Interstate from Tire Plus. I was on the other side of the state and could not take advantage of any warranty. $115 later I am driving on.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Running that much extra electrical stuff I'm surprised you haven't installed an auxiliary battery.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Buying a battery from WalMart, AutoZone, etc sometimes is advantageous. (More stores :) )
Stay healthy and have fun. :)
:D
Buffalo4

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would have went to Walmart, but I was helpless being out of town and needed real diagnostics. I can't believe a 1-yr old Optima YT died. It must have shorted out. I guess it happens.

One tech told me you can run those batteries out and recharge them with no problem, but they can also be temperamental too. This issue reminds me of most of my motorcycles where I intentionally changed batteries early to avoid having to push my bikes. Do we really want electric cars?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I can't believe a 1-yr old Optima YT died. It must have shorted out. I guess it happens.
Made in Mexico?

Do we really want electric cars?
Unfortunately more and more electrics are being put into cars/trucks these days and not all for the better IMO. Vehicles have become so complicated (electronically) that even Dealerships cannot afford to buy the diagnostic machines to service & maintain them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts