Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am a happy owner of a Honda CRV 2.0. 2009. The car has full service history, I noticed that each service was changed oil 10w-40. Is it normal? For me they should use 5w-30.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Check out the owners manual to see what oil you're supposed to be using. You can also look at your oil cap and it will say what oil to use.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Doesn’t sound normal to me.....

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I agree with Rick. It does not sound normal. Unless you are in a hot climate that calls for 10w40. Do not wait long as this will damage your engine if they poured in the wrong viscosity. As what Coastie said double check your owner's manual. Let us know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have checked my manual. I can use 10w40 ambient temp -20/+40

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last service was done last month . Do I need to do it again or wait?

·
Registered
776 Posts
If you manual says it's correct, it's correct !! No need to second guess the folks at Honda. Where are you located ?? Craig

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yes the manual does show other approved viscosity grades; however, you will note the recommended one stated on the engine filler cap.

No harm is done using those viscosities listed in the manual for your particular temperature ranges. Most usually the recommended one will cover owners usual temp ranges.

Drive on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts