Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, CRV owner for 13 years from 2009. Like it so much I just bought another one, but kept the old one. 175,000 miles on the clock and still going strong . The old one is a 2.2 turbo diesel, 4WD. New one is a 2 litre petrol 2WD. Looking forward to many more years of comfortable, smooth driving.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi folks, CRV owner for 13 years from 2009. Like it so much I just bought another one, but kept the old one. 175,000 miles on the clock and still going strong . The old one is a 2.2 turbo diesel, 4WD. New one is a 2 litre petrol 2WD. Looking forward to many more years of comfortable, smooth driving.
Enjoy. Have 1999 and on year 18.

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts
Welcome along :)

Please do put some pics up in the Gallery!

Reactions: Stewart Beck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Impressive! Just normal maintenance (brakes, tires, oil and other fluids)?
Don't know if it's as many miles as some have put on.

Yes, just the normal above, with timing belt. I think we've had some axles replaced. Did have to have the power steering assist unit replaced around 2006. SO took it to one of those shops that touts replacing things like that, because it was cheaper. Yep, ended up getting that replaced not that long after at the Honda dealership with a Honda unit. Still going. Car was hit twice from behind and nary a scratch. (Obviously not really high speed) Other cars didn't fare so well. Had a third incident knocked the radiator back but no other damage, just the hit caused that. (Think those bumpers work) Fixed and that was at least 11 years ago. LX, MT. One tough little car. But the fob quit working quite a while back and locking it up now is locking each door individually. Drivers side window had the wire harness problem they seem to get and fixed at least once.

And that engine is really still peppy. However, coming from Toronto originally and now in the midwest, it's succumbing to some rust in the back quarter panels. We haven't been able to garage it in quite a while. It should get some suspension done but cost vs value is an issue and it's SO's car. We are doing some research now into what we might get next. Can't replace it.

Anyway, back to Stewart Beck- may your later Gen's live up to service the 1999 has given us.

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts
Turbo CRV in UK don't recall seeing one listed for NA with Turbo or I missed it.
2.0NA engine was available in the 4th Gen in the UK.

Silky smooth but lacked punch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts