Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2014 CR-V LX and need to know if I can put a set of Michelin 245-75-16 tires on it or will it rub the wheel well's as I turn? Or is there a little modification I could do to make it work out? My neighbor moved a few weeks ago and had this practically new set he took off a Sorento and gave them to me when he moved.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,759 Posts
Way too big and fat. Enter suited to a first gen Pilot than a CRV.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
They are likely going to be too big but barely. Only 7% taller and 8% wider than factory size. Likely have slight rubbing issues mainly in the rear. I have ran tires that wide before and was fine, it's the diameter combined with width that can be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
137 Posts
Old thread I know but... 245? Yikes that size on a 6.5" wide rim? Gonna look horribly pinched. Would look like tires on a big old huge pickup. The cr-v is a cross-over, not a truck.

Actually, the 6.5" width rim is even slim for a 225, they have a slightly pinched look but it's not horrible. The max recommended for that width is 215. Wish Honda had made the rims with a 7" width. It would look better. But 245's on a 6.5"? Honestly that would look horribly pinched.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts