Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought CPO Honda CRV 2016, EXL with 14100 miles on it. I have completed 15K miles now and do not see any service minders/check engine light etc. The oil life percentage is 90%. My question is should I go for the 15 K service or not? If I don't get it serviced, would it impact my warranty? If I go for the service, what exactly should be included in the 15K services? I am in south FL and nearby dealer's website recommends services based on minder A or B, which I don't see.
I am looking for this forum's expert advice.
Thanks a lot!

·
Everything in Moderation
7,461 Posts
Look at the MM to see what services you are due for next. (Read the Owners Manual if you don't know how, it is good to learn!)

In a nutshell, if there is documentation with the car regards past services performed, they MAY be done, or they may not be.

Aside from oil changes and tire rotations, the only things that MIGHT be due are brake fluid replacement (3 yrs regardless of mileage) and rear differential fluid replacement if AWD (which comes up around 15K miles, then 30K miles after that). If (for example) the recent oil change was performed, it should be calling for the code 6 (diff fluid) on the next service.

Sometimes on low annual mileage cars, where the oil is changed yearly instead of at a mileage, the additional service reminders get 'erased' from the MM.

If you want to be sure, have the diff fluid replaced and the brake fluid flushed at the next oil change.

·
Not-a-Mechanic
295 Posts
...................snip.......................
Sometimes on low annual mileage cars, where the oil is changed yearly instead of at a mileage, the additional service reminders get 'erased' from the MM....................snip............................
Just to clarify, it will not do this "on it's own", someone needs to rest the Oil Life, easy to do with the buttons on the dash.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,461 Posts
Just to clarify, it will not do this "on it's own", someone needs to reset the Oil Life, easy to do with the buttons on the dash.
Correct.

Just to clarify though, if the oil was changed YEARLY (due to insufficient mileage for the MM to trigger the 'wrench'), and then the MM was reset (but the other services were not performed), a subsequent owner wouldn't know what is required since those service codes would no longer appear...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Carbuff2
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing