Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda CR-V EX 5 Speed Manual Lifted 1-Inch in the front and 1.5-inches in the rear
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently went to my Honda Dealership to get an oil filter and they gave me these ones: 15400-RTA-003

Do you think these are good filters for the 04 CRV?

·
Registered
776 Posts
There are 2 versions depending on where they are made. It is printed on the blue label.
The Japanese - they are great - almost as good as A01 - one pleat fewer than the A01
The Chinese - marginally better than the A02 - its an A02 with 4 more pleats - not as good as the Japanese ones.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
13,950 Posts
I looked up the part number on HondaPartsDeals.

This # is a Mahle-Tennex brand filter. Perhaps Honda has changed suppliers in some markets?

Here is a 'review' on BobIsTheOilGuy. There are more topics about this brand in the Similar Threads list at the bottom of that page. Happy reading...

·
Registered
2004 Honda CR-V EX 5 Speed Manual Lifted 1-Inch in the front and 1.5-inches in the rear
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome thanks for the responses!! My dealership also confirmed fitment. I'm Based out of Canada they may have switched filters. I use to get A02's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.