Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just a quick post to say that Friday (12/18/09) was my 16th birthday. I got my license and just got my CR-V from my grandpa. He misinformed me though.... it is a 2006, not a 2005! :D Here is a dark picture of the front:

View attachment 3373

·
Registered
342 Posts
Happy Birthday and Congratulations!

2006 CRV is a great model. I think it is perhaps the best looking CRV ever. I hope you drive safe at all times. Tickets of any kind from speeding to traffic violations will have dire consequences. Make your grandpa proud by being responsible and grateful. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Happy Birthday Derrrrick!!! I'm glad to hear your grandpa stuck with his promise to give you the V.:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
$$$$

I hope you have a nice job to cover gas, maintenance, registration, inspections and insurance! It adds up!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Happy birthday. Good luck with your new wheels. That's a great first car to have. Still practically new. Like you, my first car was also my grandpa's hand-me-down but it was not as new as yours. 1981 Impala and I got it in 1989! Please don't drive too crazy. Remember, there are others on the road too. :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Congrats. Every teenager's first car should be a manual tranmission. I think they force you to pay more attention ot what your doing behind the wheel.

Congrats. Don't have too much fun in the snow.

I must admit, I felt like I was 16 again playing in the snow the other day. The V is my first AWD vechiles and one with all the electronic goodies. It's fun seeing what it will and will not do. I had gottne so used ot jsut sliding around and spinning my wheels everywhere. Its' a nice change.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Happy Birthday and Congratulations!

2006 CRV is a great model. I think it is perhaps the best looking CRV ever. I hope you drive safe at all times. Tickets of any kind from speeding to traffic violations will have dire consequences. Make your grandpa proud by being responsible and grateful. Good luck!
Thanks, I agree that the 2.5 Gen models are the best looking. I hate the tail lights of the regular Gen2s. I don't like the translucent look. I think it makes it look older.

Until I am 25 my record needs to be scratch free! I have an intermediate license until I am 17, when I get my full license I have the regular three ticket policy except that my insurance rates will still go up to SR22 until I am 25. LOL.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Happy Birthday and congratulations! Any plans for it? Keep the pics coming, we're all pic wh0res.
Thanks. I plan on doing some things. I am going to start a thread that follows the things I do to it. I think I will get on that tomorrow. ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope you have a nice job to cover gas, maintenance, registration, inspections and insurance! It adds up!
I work at a Dairy Queen making minimum wage. It isn't a lot of money but enough. Registration was covered by my dad :D and in Iowa we don't have vehicle inspection. Insurance I have to pay about 25% of, we haven't talked much about that yet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats. Every teenager's first car should be a manual tranmission. I think they force you to pay more attention ot what your doing behind the wheel.

Congrats. Don't have too much fun in the snow.

I must admit, I felt like I was 16 again playing in the snow the other day. The V is my first AWD vechiles and one with all the electronic goodies. It's fun seeing what it will and will not do. I had gottne so used ot jsut sliding around and spinning my wheels everywhere. Its' a nice change.
Yeah, I am surprised at the AWD in mine.... Yesterday we got about an inch of snow, it was good and wet and very slick. Being 16 I had to go to an empty parking lot and see what my new car would do. Just driving to the parking lot I was sliding all over the place. It seemed like the rear wheels weren't doing anything. Once I got to the parking lot, turned off the traction control, and gunned it I was sliding around like nothing, it was sliding around like a regular front wheeled drive car. I don't know if there is something wrong or if that is just the way the CR-V is. If the V is just like that then it almost isn't worth having the AWD anyway. I would prefer something that had real 4WD that could be turned on and off with a switch or button. And that had a high/low range transfer case. LOL. Oh well, this is a very nice first car and I am not complaining. :D

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Careful there derrrrick, I was doing donuts in a parking lot once when I was 16, and about wrap the car around a pole.:eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Careful there derrrrick, I was doing donuts in a parking lot once when I was 16, and about wrap the car around a pole.:eek:
:( ouch!, yeah you should really be careful especially at that age Derrrrick dont do insanely crazy things, but congrats on the new crv! cant wait to see some more pics and mods you do to it!

·
Everything in Moderation
7,920 Posts
If you Tread Lightly on the gas the RT4WD will work wonderfully in icy conditions.

Tromp on the throttle and yeah, you can do donuts all day long! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts