Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

'17 CR-V -- Rattle behind Glove Box only in cold weather

2501 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  jfmartin325
I know this is a weird one, but my wife's 2017 CR-V has a rattle behind the glove box that we only hear in the colder months of the year. I've dropped the glove box to poke around a bit, but haven't seen or felt anything that looks like it would rattle. Anyone else?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
I know this is a weird one, but my wife's 2017 CR-V has a rattle behind the glove box that we only hear in the colder months of the year. I've dropped the glove box to poke around a bit, but haven't seen or felt anything that looks like it would rattle. Anyone else?
On the 17s there's also a TSB out for the heater core hose that passes through the firewall (right behind the glove box) being loose. Mine was fine for a year and then started rattling in cold starts after about 15k miles. All it needs is a clamp, 5 minute fix.

That strut mount wobble is interesting I'll need to take a look too, I have a couple rattles now after 40k.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Premium Member
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid SX Prestige
On the 17s there's also a TSB out for the heater core hose that passes through the firewall (right behind the glove box) being loose. Mine was fine for a year and then started rattling in cold starts after about 15k miles. All it needs is a clamp, 5 minute fix.

That strut mount wobble is interesting I'll need to take a look too, I have a couple rattles now after 40k.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
if you want to save time on that tsb just buy the part its under $9 and takes about 20 seconds to put on vs sitting st dealer.

mine didnt have the rattle but i still installed it

Registered
I had same, multiple times - super annoying. Mine turned out to be the three self-tapping screws that hold the glovebox up in the front. Before I figured out where they were coming from, ALL THREE fell out, one at a time, and each one lodged themselves behind the glovebox container, rattling over every bump over about 35mph. At this point I have not yet put them back in, which hasn't seemed to cause any problem. See page 2 of this pdf for the location of the 3 screws to which I'm referring - https://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/2017_CRV_AmbientLights_AII04527-01.pdf. Good luck! Hopefully this is your issue and you can drive rattle-free from here on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.