Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a weird one, but my wife's 2017 CR-V has a rattle behind the glove box that we only hear in the colder months of the year. I've dropped the glove box to poke around a bit, but haven't seen or felt anything that looks like it would rattle. Anyone else?

Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
Check the hook for the glove box, check the cabin filter cover ,
Then check for your local dealer n use that warranty

Registered
I know this is a weird one, but my wife's 2017 CR-V has a rattle behind the glove box that we only hear in the colder months of the year. I've dropped the glove box to poke around a bit, but haven't seen or felt anything that looks like it would rattle. Anyone else?
On the 17s there's also a TSB out for the heater core hose that passes through the firewall (right behind the glove box) being loose. Mine was fine for a year and then started rattling in cold starts after about 15k miles. All it needs is a clamp, 5 minute fix.

That strut mount wobble is interesting I'll need to take a look too, I have a couple rattles now after 40k.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
On the 17s there's also a TSB out for the heater core hose that passes through the firewall (right behind the glove box) being loose. Mine was fine for a year and then started rattling in cold starts after about 15k miles. All it needs is a clamp, 5 minute fix.

That strut mount wobble is interesting I'll need to take a look too, I have a couple rattles now after 40k.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
if you want to save time on that tsb just buy the part its under $9 and takes about 20 seconds to put on vs sitting st dealer.

mine didnt have the rattle but i still installed it

Registered
I had same, multiple times - super annoying. Mine turned out to be the three self-tapping screws that hold the glovebox up in the front. Before I figured out where they were coming from, ALL THREE fell out, one at a time, and each one lodged themselves behind the glovebox container, rattling over every bump over about 35mph. At this point I have not yet put them back in, which hasn't seemed to cause any problem. See page 2 of this pdf for the location of the 3 screws to which I'm referring - https://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/2017_CRV_AmbientLights_AII04527-01.pdf. Good luck! Hopefully this is your issue and you can drive rattle-free from here on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts