Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away from the forum for a while, and will search if this has come up. But in the meantime, I have a 2017 CR-V purchased in March of '17. Starting back in May of this year my car has died several times for no reason needing a jumpstart to get going. I took it into the dealership each time with them diagnosing as nothing wrong with the battery and sent me on my way until it happened again and I was able to drive it straight to the dealership after it miraculously started again. They were able to see the issue after the car did not start for them once in the shop. They ended up saying it was the battery and did replace it and sent me on my merry way. Fast forward 5 months later and this issue happened again this evening. AAA started it only this time I noticed a smell. Initially I didn't think anything of it, having smelt it prior to that drive, thinking maybe it was other cars around me. But after the jump start and going straight home I noticed the smell again and it was the car. Inside and outside i smelled it and I would describe it as stale pork rinds, however I guess I would say a gaseous type of smell? I am going to be taking it into the dealership in the morning. Anyone else experience these types of issues and if so what is the deal? A quick Google search revealed that there have been some oil dilution problems. Could this be it? And if so what did they fix on your Honda if that was the case? Thanks in advance. I'll keep the forum posted on my results.
-A frustrated Honda user.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the TSB bulletin for the parasitic draw taking care of 2 years ago. Also I was just in the dealership 2 weeks ago for a routine oil change, tire rotation and filter changes. Nothing was reported faulty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts