Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding that the gas mileage of my '18 CRV, with 20K miles, has improved over the last 10 months of use. Really nice to see and I'm very pleased.

I'm now getting about 32 MPG traveling on the interstate in the northwestern parts of SC (long tall hills), 33-34 MPG along on I-95 from NC to FL (mostly flat), and about 31 MPG with mixed interstate and city driving locally. This has improved by 2-3 MPG since the vehicle was new.

Not sure if this is break-in or just that my driving style has changed since moving from my '06 Pilot to the CRV. CRV definitely doesn't have the same acceleration characteristics as my Pilot did--noticeable turbo delay out of CRV. And unlike the Pilot, the CRV has the real-time fuel economy info. That's something I do pay attention to being somewhat compulsive.

Wondering if others have seen this sort of improvement over time, especially those that might have moved from CRV to CRV to rule out a change in driving style due to engine performance characteristics.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Once you get used to the car mpg goes up.
Also winter and summer gas is sometimes a factor.

We avg like 28/29 on town driving and 33+ on trips
We are doing nj to nc to fl and back in a few weeks and last time the whole trip was 34mpg with me, wife daughter and luggage

·
Registered
4 Posts
Once you get used to the car mpg goes up.
Also winter and summer gas is sometimes a factor.

We avg like 28/29 on town driving and 33+ on trips
We are doing nj to nc to fl and back in a few weeks and last time the whole trip was 34mpg with me, wife daughter and luggage

1 - 3 of 3 Posts