Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any new CRV owners, I currently have 18k miles on my CRV and my maintenance has so far included

Oil Change
Oil + Filter Change
Tire rotation
Differential fluid change(I have AWD)

Does anyone know what kind of maintenance items that will come up between 15k-50k?

Just curious.

Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Brake Fluid 2years/ 24k miles
Maybe CVT Fluid and Coolant at 30k this is maybe or optional if you want.
Tires at some point too...

than nothing else. only maintenance things. i don't see any failures if maintained correctly.

this not on the basis of anything. This is what i follow with my Nissan Altima and will be doing the same for my CR-V when the time comes. It is just my opinion...

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
For any new CRV owners, I currently have 18k miles on my CRV and my maintenance has so far included

Oil Change
Oil + Filter Change
Tire rotation
Differential fluid change(I have AWD)

Does anyone know what kind of maintenance items that will come up between 15k-50k?

Just curious.

Thanks
Look in your manual in the Maintenance Minder section, you will find the brake fluid ( 3 yr ), transmission and diff fluid service intervals.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Brake fluid is indicated by the MM code 7 and is every 3 years and coolant is every 10. I'd say to just follow the maintenance minder and you'll be set. If you feel the need to change your transmission fluid before the MM, do it at 30K. I changed mine at 37K in my 2013 since the MM hadn't displayed the code yet. Now at 48K it still has produced the code, so I'm going on 30K increments now.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,155 Posts
No need to change the brake fluid. That is total BS.
Wrong. :(

Brake fluid absorbs moisture. This affects its properties and effectiveness.

I have helped friends replace metal and rubber brake lines after they have deteriorated from old brake fluid. These are the same folks that often experience sticking brake calipers and damaged master cylinders. Online, I have heard of inop ABS pumps and LOW FLUID sensors sticking.

Periodic replacement of brake fluid is wise maintenance. The fluid needed (2, 12oz. bottles) is less than $10 USD.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Brake fluid at 3 years
Engine air filter and cabin air filter at around 30k
Transmission fluid around 50k
Rear differential fluid around 50k

Other maintenance items (spark plugs, coolant, etc will be well beyond 50k)

And, while not on the MM:

Keyless entry fob batteries at the 2 1/2-3 year mark
Windshield wiper inserts
Battery somewhere between 3 and 5 years

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wrong. :(

Brake fluid absorbs moisture. This affects its properties and effectiveness.

I have helped friends replace metal and rubber brake lines after they have deteriorated from old brake fluid. These are the same folks that often experience sticking brake calipers and damaged master cylinders. Online, I have heard of inop ABS pumps and LOW FLUID sensors sticking.

Periodic replacement of brake fluid is wise maintenance. The fluid needed (2, 12oz. bottles) is less than $10 USD.
I second this. I have no idea where people get the idea that brake fluid lasts the life of the car. I've even had mechanics tell me this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Brake fluid absorbs water and can do real damage to ABS sensors, and brake cylinders. It can also fool you just looking at the fluid thinking it OK. If you have to use the brakes coming down the mountains, the absorbed water can boil off due to the heat and leave you wanting for brakes. In racing, I've seen requirements for a change in brake fluid before almost every race.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts