Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have a 97' awd Crv with 318,000 km that was performing well until one day it seemed to lose the shifting of all gears. It would however accelerate/pick up speed but no apparent shift. I end up changing shift solenoids and one drain and fill of the tranny fluid. I accidentally overfilled it by a liter it (drained the excess)now works for a week and then dies out again. Now i can go into first gear and reverse but then it will not go into either gear after running in park for a bit. I have now noticed it idles at 1500 rpm and wi?l shoot up to 2000rpm and drop back to 1500rpm again to go back up. There was a whine coming from the tranny. Not sure what to do. I bought a 2nd 97' and do not want to send this one to the wreckers
Thoughts?
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing was done prior to anything happening.Was running fine with the exception of sometimes experiencing difficulty with off the line out of first gear performance. Purchased at 270,000 kms abd put approx 50,000 km on it when the tranny gave way.
Fluid level is fine now. Did round 1 fluid change. Blew out replacement solenoid screens

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Try to do a hard reset & see what happens. Be sure you do have the radio codes handy before resetting the system. Let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What would be a hard reset?

Initially I borrowed a friends OBD II unit to pull the codes when the check engine light came on. Codes were:
P0700
P0715
P0730
Changed fluid,soleniods and speed shaft and cleared codes. Drove her for a week. Symptoms and check engine light came back.Blew out solenoids.Disconnected main power fuse. Symptoms remain but check engine light is off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts