Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week my spare tire, wheel, and cover were stolen from my 1997 Honda CR-V LX AWD. I am looking to replace as soon as possible at a reasonable price. This is a first for me, so I was totally unprepared and never thought about locking lug nuts. I have done some online research for parts but was hoping for some good advice from other CRV owners for locations and price. I am looking for the following parts to replace:

15" Aluminum Alloy Wheel 10 spoke
Honda CRV OEM soft tire cover
Foam Spacer - not been able to find this available anywhere?
Locking Lug Nuts

Thanks in advance for all advice!

Thank you, Steve

·
Registered
772 Posts
Steve, welcome to the forum. Your LX CRV should have had just the standard steel wheel, plentifull in salvage yards. Next, the OEM spare tire cover is outragiously priced, you can get a good one off e-bay in the $30.00 range/free shipping. Foam spacer not necessary @ all. Locking lug nuts available @ local parts store or e-bay. Hope this helps, JMHO, Good luck.
David g.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome! Maybe I actually have the EX since it has the Aluminum Alloy Wheels. I just pulled that off the internet based upon other '97 CRV pictures that I saw, sorry! I tried calling my local salvage yards and they don't seem to have the aluminum wheels. I totally agree on the price of the OEM spare tire cover. I see some web sites are offering the 1997-2001 version (which says Honda CRV) and the 2002-2004 version (which only says Honda) but say both will fit the 1997 CRV 15" wheel. One site says the 02-04 version is better. Does anyone have any experience with this? That foam spacer has been driving me nuts! I cannot find anywhere. It's one of those things where since it was stolen, I feel like I need to replace everything or I won't be satisfied. I suppose that is a personal issue, haha!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Steve,Forget the foam spacer, you don't need it. As for the spare wheel, just get the standar 15 " wheel like on my picture, that's all you need, and the tire cover that says crv. you will not see the wheel when it's covered anyway. JMHO. Good luck.
David g.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts