Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is James. I bought a used Honda CRV, year 1997 a few weeks ago. I've driven it about 600 miles so far with no issues.

It has 300,000 miles on it. It has been regularly maintenance every 2,500 miles. I checked all the fluids, belts and looked around the interior and exterior thoroughly before purchasing. She is beautiful, I'm very happy with the purchase!

Today, she had a moment. I was driving and the engine lost power. I turned on my blinkers as I began to decelerate. I thought to turn the key and when I did everything magically lit up. I have driven it the rest of the day no issue. Several starts and stops included.

I had the starter, ignition system and battery checked at a local shop. They all passed. The battery cables are attached firmly, and there's no sign of corrosion on them. Battery age unknown.

Any thoughts as to what happened?

I was not accelerating when this happened, I was coasting down a hill. I live in the mountains. I'm wondering if that had something to do with it? The engine usually gets awfully quiet when I idle, sometimes it makes me think it has stopped.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and the recent purchase. Ignitiion switch has been a problem @ one time or another.
Make sure you get DOCUMENTATION when THE TIMING BELT WAS LAST CHANGED, good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts