Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a few weeks ago, I found that my remote wasn't locking/unlocking the doors anymore. It stayed that way for a day, and then they came back after closing the door. Then they stopped again. The lock switch on the door does nothing, and the remote also does nothing. The power latch on the back still works but that appears to be an independent system. The remote cannot control it anymore however.

I searched and read up, so I went right for the wire bundle in the drivers side door. I pulled back the rubber boot, and inspected the back of the block. I could not see any broken wires.

The power windows still work, and the speaker still works as well.

I'm trying to figure out what the next step is, if there is one aside from pulling the door off to really inspect the door harness connector. It is an old car now, so I was thinking maybe the control unit went, as that is also in the drivers side door. Or maybe the connector inside the door is mucked up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, a few weeks ago, I found that my remote wasn't locking/unlocking the doors anymore. It stayed that way for a day, and then they came back after closing the door. Then they stopped again. The lock switch on the door does nothing, and the remote also does nothing. The power latch on the back still works but that appears to be an independent system. The remote cannot control it anymore however.

I searched and read up, so I went right for the wire bundle in the drivers side door. I pulled back the rubber boot, and inspected the back of the block. I could not see any broken wires.

The power windows still work, and the speaker still works as well.

I'm trying to figure out what the next step is, if there is one aside from pulling the door off to really inspect the door harness connector. It is an old car now, so I was thinking maybe the control unit went, as that is also in the drivers side door. Or maybe the connector inside the door is mucked up.
It's unusual for all four door locks to fail at the same time. I would say start by checking the fuse for the door locks.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Won't a bad door close sensor switch cause this? I thought I read if the computer thinks one of the doors is open the remote locks won't work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Where is the fuse for the door locks? I checked the panel under the steering wheel and didn't see a power locks fuse. Is it under the hood?

EDIT: found the fuse panel under the hood. the 20A fuse there looks good. Definitely not blown.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 99 has the same issue. It appears intermittent and the wires look good also. My rear side passenger door DOES have a very sensitive switch the light sometimes stays on when closed.

The power lock switch on the door only works when the door's closed. It's never worked with the door open. It doesn't always work when closed either.

I've read the power lock controller in the drivers door controls the locks on all doors and if it goes bad they won't work on any of them.

I'm gonna dig into the Helms manual tonight and look for a factory trouble shooting procedure. I'll report back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that the power lock control module itself is in the drivers side door. This is also the module that receives the signals from the keyless entry remote.

I checked all four doors, and the door open sensor/switches are working fine, as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought a 2000 CR-V and I'm kind of in the same boat. The lock switch at the driver side door does absolutely nothing. I can lock the doors manually, but not via the lock switch. I do not have Keyless on my CR-V (yet), but will eventually get it. I haven't had time to dig in and start diagnosing the issue, but I'm giving it a go this weekend. Here's how I plan to check it:

1. Check and test fuses
2. Inspect door jam wires for visible breaks
3. Test continuity from door lock switch to door jam
4. Test continuity from door jam into fuse box
5. Test voltage and ground at door switch

If all these pass, then I know the door lock switch itself is faulty and will replace it. I'll report back my findings!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I lucked out. Turns out the previous owner had just forgotten to plug in the door lock switch. Plugged it right in and voila, working power locks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize this is an old thread but I'm hoping someone might be able to help. My 1998 CR-V is having the identical problem as the OP. Solution anyone? Really need some help here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts