Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my Check Engine light on. Want to replace the oxygen sensors but noticed the price difference between the original Honda parts and after market (Bosche, Denso, NTK, etc) were huge.

The Honda oxygen sensors (before & aft) were about $200 each while the after markets ran around $30-$50 each.
Is it necessary to get the original part as I have read in this site in order to turn off the check engine light?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Bosch is a good brand.I replaced both up,and downstream ones on my 98,and have had no issues.I have had no experience with NGK,but have used their plugs over the years with no issues either.FWIW.....The UPSTREAM 02 sensor is the one that controls the engine,the downstream merely monitors Catyllictic converter ops,and "reports the info back"..If it were me,Id just replace the upstream one first,and see if this corrects the CEL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok, so where is the damn thing??!! i am wanting to replace the upstream o2 sensor, however, i cant find it ! please let me know how and where! thanks

·
Registered
901 Posts
I also have good success with aftermarket parts. Do not buy the cheapest ones but those that are a little more expensive. They will easily last two-three years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1998 CR-V - Need to replace the front sensor.
I have the oxygen sensor removal tool but the location of the sensor on the pipe is on top and it is impossible to get any wrench to turn and remove the sensor - there is simply no room to maneuver.
Has anyone else experienced this? How do you get leverage to turn this sensor at this location?
Do you need some other special tool?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts