Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1998 Honda Crv 5 Speed Manual

8296 Views 24 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  hurricane14
Hey CRV owners,
I'm new to the club. I just purchased a 1998 Honda crv 5 speed stick shift for my first car. I wanted to stop here and see if any of you guys had ideas for modifications to do to my car. Ill leave some pictures of it. A little backstory of things first. The top of the engine is rebuilt. New timing chain, valves, it also has a resurfaced head and head gasket. I also recently preformed a full tune up on the car including plugs, wires, a new distributer cap and rotor and an oil change and lastly I detailed the car. So anyways that about it for what I have done. Anyways, Id like to make some small changes to the car to improve it.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
No, not at the moment. I got it from a lien sale/auction. Looks like a tree fell on it.
1998 2WD auto, 136K miles, pretty clean interior, honda battery and filters so looks well cared for, probably at a dealer. Fixing fender, windshield and small roof dent, then smog, brake and lamp, and register.

· Registered
7 Posts
OK, could you clarify on that trans fluid comment?
Yes, I am looking for an owner's manual/service manual.
I did pick up a Haynes book already.
I was not aware that this was a rare combination of drive train on this vehicle.
Previous Hondas were 92 Accord auto and 84 Prelude 5 speed dual carb set up.

· Registered
7 Posts
So I found an owner's manual on E-bay, so I have a hard copy to reference for certain things as well as the service schedule for maintenance. Combined with the Haynes book I think I'll be OK for a little bit. Original FSM would be good in the future.
And, yes, the Saturn with the Honda drive train is money ?

Little off topic, but I am looking for a roof rack and having a hard time.
The ones at pick and pull go super fast. Last one I looked at was gone in less than 2 days.
I did see the picnic table still there, though if anyone needs one it's in Antelope CA PNP. I almost grabbed it, but I have one in mine and thought I would leave it for the next person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.