Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've owned this great little car for just under a year, and it's now got 155726 miles on it. The radiator was leaking about a month ago so I replaced it, including all hoses, thermostat and cap. Since roughly then I've been chasing occasional poor idling.

So far I've replaced the distributor cap and rotor, plugs and wires, and cleaned the throttle bodies, mpg hovers around 26-27 in town. Each seemed to have positive effects, though after a few days the CEL would come on with the code P0300, misfire, on all 4 cylinders. The CEL has finally quit activating recently though the occasional rough idle is still there.

Buy to go any further I first have to address a good bit of oil on one of the plugs. I've got a Haynes manual coming, to help with this, and plan to check the valves at the same time as replacing the plug gaskets.

To cure occasional rough idle likely will take many steps until I hit the right one, but hard for me to understand why it's 'occasional'?

It's a great second car and the visibility is far better from it than our other car!

Thanks for the help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.