Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

In the last couple of weeks I've noticed the gears incredibly hard to engage for the first 10 mins of so of a journey. The clutch seems to engage ok albeit tHe bite point is quite late.

I only use the car at the weekends so it stands unused for a bit. Just wondered if the clutch is on the way out?

It's done 117k with 11 Honda stamps in the book.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sounds to me like the flywheel is getting a rust coat on it while sitting.They are like anything else(Brake rotors etc).Periods of non-use will allow surface rust to accumulate.Im assuming that once this initial period is over the clutch works as it should.
You could however need a new clutch assy,it all depends on how it has been driven in its former life.....;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange thing also happening...

While the car is rolling in slow traffic it idles at 2k and only returns to 900rpm once stationary again? Weird?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you flushed the fluid? Hows the clutch slave cylinder?
cheers, have given them a check and the fluids look pretty black and the slave cylinder fluid was very low (below the little hole at the bottom). Will flush and renew next.

Have noticed the clutch is incredibly late too, only biting at the very end of it's travel, I guess this could be the master and slave too?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, that's exactly what it was :)

Spent 10 mins with the bonnet up and my 7yr old pumping the clutch pedal while I bled off from the slave nipple with a hose.

There was a lot of air in the and the colour was none too good either, flushed with new and it's back to how it should be!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts