Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a CR-V. It is in need of a lot of rehab. In this case, I'd like to revert it back to the original air cleaner assembly because I don't know enough about the CAI and have zero faith in whomever completed the mod. The reason I joined this forum and am posting is because in addition to the CAI, there is a missing hose off the valve cover upper left side that I believe must be part of the air intake system?

My first question, is wtf would that hose go to if it were actually there? The car runs without it, but the fact that a port off the valve cover is open and disco'd from everything seems wrong. So, I guess my question is, can anyone explain that to me (I've looked through the original Honda Service Manual as well as a Haynes that was in the car, and I can't find anything that explains it.

I have limited car knowledge, and most of it is in 240Z's. This is my first-ever Honda, so it's probably a really simple thing and that is why I can't find in the manual. I just don't have the original housing to be able to problem solve. I'm hoping to go get one at a salvage yard tomorrow.

I will likely be posting as I go. After the air cleaner assembly, I have a few engine codes to sort out for emissions, then it's on to replacing the front end and driveshaft. This was not the project car I had imagined, but here I am!

·
Registered
'98 EX AWD
323 Posts
That valve cover port actually goes to the intake (not plenum) itself, you should see a bung right off the intake which would connect the two together. The factory setup has a coolant line basically welded to the valve cover line and you have to replace both lines (since it's technically one assembly) with two independent lines. Although any reputable CAI brand would supply it.

Chances are, the original line(s) is just laying down below the intake because of the coolant line it's attached to. Should be easy to spot under the throttle body.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts