Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the Honda scene as I just purchased my 1999 CR-V from the original owner...but anyway, although it runs and drives good now, it has 327K miles on it so I was wondering, can you swap a different engine into these without much modifications? mine is a 5 speed manual...was thinking maybe a K20/K24 VTEC but wasn't sure if they would bolt up or not (found 2 low mileage examples of those engines near me that are really cheap)...if you can, what engines would you all recommend? Also, if none will swap into it, about how much (estimate) would it cost to rebuild the B20Z2 that is currently in it? Ideally I would like a little more power.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't really want crazy horsepower, just a little more than what it has stock...don't have a lot of cash so can't afford to buy an Acura RDX (though that would be sweet)...I bought it off the original owner for $1,200...it doesn't need rebuilt as it runs and drives great now, previous owner took really good care of it but because of the miles on it, I just kinda want it rebuilt (327K miles is a lot). The AWD is what sold me on this one since my budget when I bought it was only $1,300 (looked at a lot of junk before coming across this one)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea...mine is a 5 speed manual...a simple header with a slightly bigger exhaust and a high end tune up might do the trick for what I’m looking for

1 - 4 of 4 Posts