Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday i rotated my tire from front to back and back to front after i got done doing so i notice that the camber on the driver front was a bit weird (i was on an incline on my driveway).

So i went for a test drive and noticed that the car now feels very bouncy and much more bumpy than before the rotating. After driving for a bit i brought it back home and swap the tire back to their previous position.

Thinking that maybe the treadwear might have some to do with but that did not fix the issues.

All i did was rotate the tire and then back again.

I also did not change the tire pressure from the previous. I was rotating the tires in my driveway on a slight incline but have done it before and noticed zero issues.

I torqued the wheels as well to factory specs.

Just wondering what you all think.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I read somewhere on this forum (searched) about older suspensions with some wear on them doing this after a wheel (or 4 wheels) were left hanging from the suspension, (suspension travels to it's fully extended position) while changing tires. Something to do with the struts I think. Maybe someone else can recall.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Yea, I have heard this too. Basically when you jack the car up and the suspension dangles at its full travel it causes shocks and struts to stiffen up. Usually it will correct itself after a little while.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm do you have link to that info

that just seems weird as it has not happened in the past.

Ill definitely be upgrading aftermarket shocks so as to not have this happen again.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
You could try a google search for "shock damper lock up". Basically the inside of the shock starts to break apart and clogs the valves inside. It might correct itself and it might not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts