Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small leak in my radiator near the bottom hose. Hose and clamp appears to be in good shape.
Reservoir is a little below the level.
My question is, if i replace the radiator, are the mt and automatic radiators the same? The one in the car right now has the tubes on the bottom tank like for an automatic. Mine is a mt.
I have 234k miles on this car so maybe the tank seam is leaking. Hard to tell.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I did a quick check on an online parts store, and the part numbers are different for a 1999 CR-V auto trans and a 1999 CR-V manual trans.

And the manual trans version list price is about US $50 lower, and online price is about US $30 lower.

Automatic trans part number: 19010-P3F-902 - list $452, online $317
Manual trans part number: 19010-P3F-014 - list $407, online $285

Considering the size of the radiator and potential cost of shipping, I'd check with your local dealer to see what they will charge you.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a quick check on an online parts store, and the part numbers are different for a 1999 CR-V auto trans and a 1999 CR-V manual trans.

And the manual trans version list price is about US $50 lower, and online price is about US $30 lower.

Automatic trans part number: 19010-P3F-902 - list $452, online $317
Manual trans part number: 19010-P3F-014 - list $407, online $285

Considering the size of the radiator and potential cost of shipping, I'd check with your local dealer to see what they will charge you.
Thanks for reply.
Yeah the original I have right now has the trans cooler tubes. Strange. I looked up online and all the pics had the cooler tubes.
I ordered a Denso radiator from rockauto for 63 bucks shipped.
The leak is getting worse and making a mess.
I am not going to put a stop leak in the radiator.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Received the radiator today and installed.
Yep the other one was leaking and fins came out on side it was leaking. Looked like one of the cores.
It also had the cooler tubes for an automatic on it.
You can see in the picture the leak right above where the bottom hose attaches to.
The fit on the Denso was perfect.
Apparently, this radiator was made in Taiwan and is excellent quality.
I just removed hoses, top brackets and unplugged fans and came right out.
I also used a dab of dielectric grease on the plugs when reinstalling.
Got the car up to operating temp and no leaks.
I would recommend Denso radiators if you ever had to replace one in a Asian car.
(The pic is upside down!)

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a small leak in my radiator near the bottom hose. Hose and clamp appears to be in good shape.
My question is, if i replace the radiator, are the mt and automatic radiators the same? The one in the car right now has the tubes on the bottom tank like for an automatic. Mine is a mt.
I also have a MT and have the tubes on the bottom tank that aren't connected to anything, did your new Denso also have them?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I also have a MT and have the tubes on the bottom tank that aren't connected to anything, did your new Denso also have them?
Yep the new Denso radiator had the tubes. I just left the caps on them.
I only had a half bottle of coolant o had to buy more. Total cost of repair was 75 bucks.

Three or so months ago I had to replace the thermostat and drain the coolant.
Now the cooling system is extremely clean.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Many vehicles the auto and manual radiators are the exact same. Just caps on the trans cooler inlet/outlet pipes or threaded plugs in the holes on vehicles that use thread in style cooler lines.

Nothing to worry about or consider, manufacturers only change what is absolutely necessary in different specs of the same vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many vehicles the auto and manual radiators are the exact same. Just caps on the trans cooler inlet/outlet pipes or threaded plugs in the holes on vehicles that use thread in style cooler lines.

Nothing to worry about or consider, manufacturers only change what is absolutely necessary in different specs of the same vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Probably saves manufacturer money by utilizing one type of radiator instead of two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts