Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as we know on these pieces they are a fake chrome with clear plastic that over the years yellows etc. Does anyone know of a company that sells insets for the deteriorated plastic or that makes billet aluminum replacements? Or does anyone have a clever modification?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Actually, the stock ones were black originally. The shiny metal look is from age, just like the wiper arms. If you find good replacements, let us know. There are a few of us who would like to make ours look nicer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, the stock ones were black originally. The shiny metal look is from age, just like the wiper arms. If you find good replacements, let us know. There are a few of us who would like to make ours look nicer.
On closer observation you'd be right. If some are found I'll let you know!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paint is a possibility, but you still have the blend to rubber of the glass wiper, which is old and will eventually need replacement unfortunately. That's why I was hoping someone made nice replacements but the market is too small to support that I suppose. So...back to the paint for now. Some of that wrinkle paint looks pretty nice and holds up to temperature as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts