Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 1999 CRV, I've owned a couple and had AC issues before. The first simply needed a new compressor, and was good to go.

AC on my new 1999 CRV does not work. When the AC button is pressed, a hissing noise begins and continues until I turn the vents off or turn the AC button off. This leads me to believe it's a possible expansion valve leak, or perhaps an evaporator issue?

Has anyone come across a similar issue? Or read about one? I've done my due diligence, just looking for clarification.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 1999 CRV, I've owned a couple and had AC issues before. The first simply needed a new compressor, and was good to go.

AC on my new 1999 CRV does not work. When the AC button is pressed, a hissing noise begins and continues until I turn the vents off or turn the AC button off. This leads me to believe it's a possible expansion valve leak, or perhaps an evaporator issue?

Has anyone come across a similar issue? Or read about one? I've done my due diligence, just looking for clarification.

hello i have a 1999 honda crv and the initial sound i heard was a sound of like a hose or a line popping off with air pressure exiting like a pshhhh noise. followed by a grinding noise i initially thought it was my brake line popping or snapping, but i was only going 25 mph and i was 10 houses from my house. so the next day i had taken my tires off to check my brakes and everything, there was no fluid or anything and brakes worked find. but then later that day i drove and i turned my AC on . i hear a clunk noise then i hear the same hissing noise just longer and continuous than the initial sound. but .... i turned the button off and it stopped. i cant locate it and i am not sure if its the valve leak or compressor but i know it is my AC .

·
Registered
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
565 Posts
The original post was from 2016...

Do 1999's have a cabin air filter? If they do, it's probably behind the glove box. If it's never been changed, it is likely plugged and air is trying to get around it, resulting in that noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes it does and no it hasnt been replaced, but it makes the hissing noise only when i hit the AC button and the air is not blocked or warm
and the initial noise was like a hose exploding with air release "pshhhh" noise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts