Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought new in 1999, the old CRV was traded yesterday for a 2018 HRV. Trade in value $500.

Rolled 410 000 km. Stranded briefly once with a leaking transmission cooler hose, and I just rerouted the hose right back into the transmission, bypassing the cooler, to get home 100 km.

Contrary to popular thought, she needed little in terms of valve adjustments. But did leak one radiator, requiring replacement.

Suspension components all original except front right upper control arm and ball joint and all 4 sway bar links.

Salt belt, so replaced all 3 fuel lines and rear brake lines.

Only did 1 timing belt at 200 000 km, and left the coolant pump and idler pulley unchanged so was still on the original units.

Still had original alternator and original belts for PS and AC, which still blew cold.

Burned a bit of oil maybe a liter every 2 to 3000 km.

One set of rear shoes, three sets of front pads, and 1 pair replacement discs.

Lead footed wife burned up countless tires!!

Probably will give another 200 000 of service to its next owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
410,000 km is "just broken in". ;)

Curious though...my '97 looks terrible. I don't know if they changed anything over two years, but both of my rear wheelwells have rusted through, the bottoms of the front doors, and the roof is blistering. It's the San Marino Red (not sure if that red in '99 was San Marino Red or Milano Red...kind of hard to tell since mine is "pink" now). The undercarriage also has sufficient rust that it is difficult to work on anymore. Could it be you're in an area that uses less salt and has nicer roads than southeast Michigan? I'd have nursed mine along for a few more years and handed it down, but now it has so much rust on it that I don't trust anyone else to get their hands on it. It'll probably be a junkyard dumper once I get up the nerve to get rid of it...

At $500, heck, I'd have bought yours myself! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts