Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just hit 25k and decided to throw away the Bridgestones and now I wish I did from the 1st day I bought this suv. If I could describe it in one word, “quiet” or maybe “ more sure footed” or “stickier”

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm sure those Michelins are great tires. They did well in the CR tire tests. New tires are softer, thus quieter, than older/harder tires.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Put 4 Michelin Defender T&H on today MUCH louder then the 20K Hankook tires that came with the CRV. Guess we will see how good the 30day 100% satisfaction guarantee is, I guess I will try the Premier AS.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Put 4 Michelin Defender T&H on today MUCH louder then the 20K Hankook tires that came with the CRV. Guess we will see how good the 30day 100% satisfaction guarantee is, I guess I will try the Premier AS.
The premier is a good series. My LTXs took a couple thousand miles but settled down maybe slightly quieter than the hankooks. AS are less stiff than ltx as they aren't a cross over tire so results may vary but good reports here on noise

Wet traction is night and day better with ltx

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have the LTX's and they are not a quite tire. But they sure drive and handle the weather (rain) nicely.
I know I posted above but I can't agree more regarding traction. I used to feel the hankooks slip every time it rained on my commute and I knew premiers were better but holy cow, I havent felt it at all since changing. My hankooks we're rotated regularly and still had 7mm left, but was really getting nervous about the safety of them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Update.....

I went back to Costco to see what the story was on my noisy Defender tires.....manger said no problem to return within 30 days...great!! What do you plan to put on your CRV...oh the Premier AS..he said not a good tire see many problems of premature wear!! OK what tire do you recommend....Defender!!! Suggested I drive the CRV for another week to see if the noise goes away. Since I have 28 more days to switch I guess I will wait....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am on my second set of Premier A/S on my Ford Focus. They are rated at 60,000 miles, and I got 78,000 on my first set. Tires were rotated every 5,000 miles. Now, I realize that the C-RV is a heavier vehicle by far, and that will have a bearing on tread life.

I drive about 40,000 a year, in all conditions, and I am more concerned about safety and handling than how long the tire will last.

In rain, snow, and ice I've never had a better all weather tire. As soon as the crappy Hanhooks wear out I will put the Premiere A/S on my C-RV too.

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
1,032 Posts
Just so you know, the Michelins you buy at Costco, Walmart, Sam's are not the same tire that you get from a tire dlr or your local Honda dlr. Most often they are blems or second grade quality. May be fine but thought you should know.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just so you know, the Michelins you buy at Costco, Walmart, Sam's are not the same tire that you get from a tire dlr or your local Honda dlr. Most often they are blems or second grade quality. May be fine but thought you should know.
Got a web source for this statement??

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Put 4 Michelin Defender T&H on today MUCH louder then the 20K Hankook tires that came with the CRV.
It's odd how that can happen when you rarely hear that complaint from others. I've always wondered if caused by some slight difference from mfg plants.

I've put those on my Ody, and 2 sets on the '06 CRV and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Update.....

I went back to Costco to see what the story was on my noisy Defender tires.....manger said no problem to return within 30 days...great!! What do you plan to put on your CRV...oh the Premier AS..he said not a good tire see many problems of premature wear!! OK what tire do you recommend....Defender!!! Suggested I drive the CRV for another week to see if the noise goes away. Since I have 28 more days to switch I guess I will wait....
I'd say take a weekend trip and see if you can put 500 miles on them. I would think that if they are going to settle down and be quieter they would do so by then. I doubt they would change much after that.

Interesting. I've often wondered if Sears did the same thing. I bought a set of Goodyears there once many years ago, and they were terrible. Had two replaced within a few thousand miles as they were out of round and could not be balanced. Then had two have catastrophic belt break failures. Never went to Sears again, never bought Goodyears again either.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Same story I heard from my local tire dealer when I purchased mine. I've used Sam's club Michelins before without issue, I'm just not a Sam's club member anymore due to being to cheap to pay the subscription and being alone.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Had Goodyears on my 2000 Dakota, great tire until they developed creases in the sidewalls (indentations really). Also 40000 miles and they were "greasy" in rainy conditions so I purchased my very first set of Michelin LTX M & S tires. Wonderful tire, and for some reason on my truck they have never been noisy. Second set on Dak same tire no noise. New set on CRV and yup they are loud. Maybe a balance and rotation will help, will get that done this week.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
5 day update on Michelin a/s. The more I drive with them the more I love them. We had a major rain storm here and they handled great. My biggest surprise is the quietness. They were a bit pricey and I’m sure there may be a cheaper and better tire out there, but for now I’m very happy. Also I did order them from mavis tire and had my speed shop install them. I didn’t want my wheels scratched or car damaged.

·
Registered
203 Posts
5 day update on Michelin a/s. The more I drive with them the more I love them. We had a major rain storm here and they handled great. My biggest surprise is the quietness. They were a bit pricey and I’m sure there may be a cheaper and better tire out there, but for now I’m very happy. Also I did order them from mavis tire and had my speed shop install them. I didn’t want my wheels scratched or car damaged.
Thanks for the update that maybe the way I will go.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts