Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im hoping to install 2 12" jl's in the spare tire compartment of a 97 crv. just checking if anyone has any tips, if it can even be done. im planning on using mdf and maybe dynamat for acoustics, but i really have no idea what i should use for best sound. any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Depends on the air space needed for those subs. Are they the W0's, W3's, or W7's? Do you want to go sealed or ported?

If ported, what do you want it tuned at?

Do first gen's even have a spare tire compartment? Isn't the spare on the back of the tailgate? :confused:

It can be done.

If I were doing it, I'd build most of it out of MDF, and use fiberglass for any curves.

You can start by asking Illegal. He has a first gen, and is in the car audio business. He can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
It can't be done with any 12" sub in a 2x arrangment. The space back there is barely 1 1/2 cubic feet. That's enough for one, and it's near impossible to port it to a specific frequency. I did this exact same thing to my 2nd generation. I just used one huge heavy piston 12" woofer. It worked perfect. Make sure you frame the enclosure before just alaying a piece of MDF over it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sounds like the OP wants to raise the whole floor up.....

Wouldn't that create enough airspace for 2, if you raised it high enough?

You should post a picture of your set-up Dave, I think one driver would sound better than 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts