Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
damn, you're still not forgiven. Just kidding. I like that setup. The gen 1 has so much more room under the hood. Wait, maybe that's bad. My engine is bigger. It's a trade-off I guess.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true, but its not the size of the pen, its how you write your name.

Also, the smaller engine means more space which means easier to work on. I'll keep my small power plant. I am feeling a b16 vtec head swap in the future too

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I'm feeling headers maybe. There's a bit of room to work with now that that stupid air box is out of the way, and when the plastic trim is removed, there's quite a bit of space, but it looks like If I want to replace the headers, I'm going to have to remove a lot of things to get to it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm feeling headers maybe. There's a bit of room to work with now that that stupid air box is out of the way, and when the plastic trim is removed, there's quite a bit of space, but it looks like If I want to replace the headers, I'm going to have to remove a lot of things to get to it.

Yeah, the 2nd gen header will be a beast to install.

looks like mine, just different color of air filter, i went with the classic red K&N
I dont like K&N filters. Having to clean a filter every 5,000-10,000 miles makes it not worth it to me. JM2C

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Did you build that one also? I remember you saying that you built one. I give you props for that I am thinking of getting the weapon R secret Weapon short ram because it is black and looks nice.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I built the one pictured and the one on my GTI. When I get to take over my Dad's V full time (in the next 2 weeks or so), I will be making another SRI.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
My carb sticker is actually a lot cooler looking than I expected - I thought it'd just be a white sticker with some letters and numbers and technical stuff - but no, it's actually not bad looking.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's a short air intake, nothing "ram" or "cold" about it. A SAI will give the best high-rpm gains but low-end torque and mpg will suffer usually.

If it doesn't follow this concept then it is not a "Ram Air" intake:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts