Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My V's clutch recently started slipping quite badly, it slipped at higher speeds with higher revs but after I went out this weekend and drove a bit far on the highway the slippage is MUCH MUCH worse.
It used to be when the turbo kicks, slipping from 2500 rpm- 3500 rpm.

Now it's gotten to the point where it just constantly slips, I can still drive it but it slips to hell and back. Revs hitting 4000 rpm and not going faster than 40 km/h, especially on uphills. I've done the parking brake in first test, the clutch does still have bite to it. The car does stall though. It's now only a matter of how long it would last before I can get it replaced. Fuel consumption has also taken a knock x.x
After having taken my Girlfriend back to her place today I noticed that my clutch pedal is squeaking, I've read that it could be the master cylinder or the clutch pedal causing issues.

The car has roughly 108k miles on it, 2008 model. I have no idea if the flywheel or clutch were replaced ever.

So I have multiple questions.
The first question being, could the master cylinder/pedal issue have resulted in the clutch slipping?

The second question, seeing as the clutch definitely needs to be replaced. Do I really need to replace my DMF? Can I have it reconditioned, there aren't any symptoms of the DMF giving typical DMF issues. It seems pretty solid.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'm not really familiar with what is in those. But, if it does have a DMF, I would probably just replace it while you have it broken down to put the clutch in it. Otherwise you can have a single mass flywheel machined if it isn't too beat up. Depending on how hot it got with the clutch slipping will determine that.

Creaking and popping when the clutch is depressed could be the master cylinder. Its doubtful that the master or slave is causing it to slip. Usually when those are giving problems it is hard to get in gear because you aren't able to fully disengage the clutch. However, there is one rubber hose between the master and slave that could, if it is collapsed, keep the fluid from returning from the slave cylinder to the master. I personally haven't seen one fail, but it is a possibility. You can watch the fork on the release bearing while someone pushes and releases the clutch. If it has its full range of motion back and forth, that's not your problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.