Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First post and asking for help! After 7 years and 190k in total over the last 12 years my CRV has decided it's now time for a new alternator, After watching a couple of YouTube videos where people say such things as 'I'll just wiggle this out' seems to be a load of utter tosh. I've managed to free the alternator in the sense that its now not connected to the car but is still stuck in the car!

The easiest option I see to get the alternator free is to remove the EGR valve and pipe work, this should give me the room to wiggle the alternator out! my problem is I've managed to round a nut on the EGR so I'm waiting to pick up a set of nut removers.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to assist me?

Car is UK 2006, 2.2 cdti. NA22A

·
Registered
2018 CR-V 1.6 i-DTEC EX (4WD) Auto Urban Titanium
12 Posts
Hi,

First post and asking for help! After 7 years and 190k in total over the last 12 years my CRV has decided it's now time for a new alternator, After watching a couple of YouTube videos where people say such things as 'I'll just wiggle this out' seems to be a load of utter tosh. I've managed to free the alternator in the sense that its now not connected to the car but is still stuck in the car!

The easiest option I see to get the alternator free is to remove the EGR valve and pipe work, this should give me the room to wiggle the alternator out! my problem is I've managed to round a nut on the EGR so I'm waiting to pick up a set of nut removers.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to assist me?

Car is UK 2006, 2.2 cdti. NA22A
Hi

The videos are of removing the alternator from a petrol model. The Haynes manual gives a long list of things that need to be removed to get to the Alternator on a diesel. If you still want to know drop me a line and I will post pictures of the relevant pages.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

The videos are of removing the alternator from a petrol model. The Haynes manual gives a long list of things that need to be removed to get to the Alternator on a diesel. If you still want to know drop me a line and I will post pictures of the relevant pages.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I managed to free and fit my new alternator, what a pain in the ar** that was! I had to remove the EGR and all the pipe work for it, even after this it was tight to get it out. I cleaned the EGR while it was out, 190k had resulted in a bit of crap build up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts