Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of lifting and putting 215 / 75 / 15's to my daughters 1999 CR-V. Purchased Aerogenics 2" spacers for front and rear. The issue I'm running into is the lack of clearance between the O.E. coil springs and the inner fender well. As I lower the lower control arm the angle changes to the point the wishbone bolt won't even come close without the spring contacting the body. Spacers came with no instructions and I seam to see many of these lifts being used but no tips or tricks without hacking things up. Any help would be appreciated as this is a last minute Christmas deal...

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Any lift kit requires more than just spacers, by quite a bit.

Need to do your research (look up and research full kits) because spacers alone are never ok on this type of suspension.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'd only do a 2" lift if it's really needed/wanted, apparently causes all kinds of extra issues that require parts and chews driveshafts

·
Registered
'98 EX AWD
323 Posts
Never messed with spacers (I have OME springs) but I've heard there's issues with getting 2" spacers on the front. I'd send it back and get a 1" because even with 2" spacers all around you'll still have the rear end sag.

1" up front and 2" in the rear if you must.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
just re-read the OP

Those size tires DONT NEED A LIFT. They are barely larger than stock and no where near big enough to have rubbing issues. Put them next to brand new tires in the stock size and you'll be hard pressed to measure enough of a difference. Sure wont see it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
just re-read the OP

Those size tires DONT NEED A LIFT. They are barely larger than stock and no where near big enough to have rubbing issues. Put them next to brand new tires in the stock size and you'll be hard pressed to measure enough of a difference. Sure wont see it.

Agree with that, I have seen plenty people mention they run that size with no lift and works great, also looks good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i lifted my rd1 with aerogenics lift kit i also had that problem but i corrected it in the front and back with buying a truhart camber kit. there is cheaper ones you can find but i went with truhart because its a brand i trust also helps if you get the trailing arm spacers! im running 235/75r15. check it out on IG @whywouldyouliftacrv.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts