Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have recently upgraded to a 2016 CRV from a 2004. Two questions...1) Now that Winter has arrived here in Indiana, I want to start my car (in a parking lot for example) and sit for a bit while it warms up, but the Running Lights AUTOMATICALLY come on, so you can't sit there in the dark car-it looks like your leaving! Any way to turn those off? 2) Any way to turn OFF the lights on the Visor? I find them annoying. HA! Thank you for any help with this :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
1. I'm assuming you are refering to the DRL being on. Those are not controllable. It comes on when car is running. Unless you want to tinker around with splicing wires and put a switch on there. It should be do able.
2. You can take the bulbs out of the flip down visor if you really dont want any lights. No way to turn it off when you have the mirror cover open.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Set the parking brake ON before starting the engine and your Running Lights will not come on.
If you found the Lights is ON, there is the only way to turn it off - shut engine off, put parking brakes on and turn on the engine. That easy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts