Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Any 2000 CR-V owners here get a letter for Honda regarding a "recall" or should I say "fix" necessary for some 2000 CR-Vs?
It's regarding the air bags and that they could underinflate or rupture. Here's a link to the NHTSA infor - 2000 HONDA CR-V 4 DR .
Letter said no parts for a fix yet.
Curious if you understand the letter to say it's defective and needs fixing ONLY if it was a some point the original airbag was replaced by a bad replacement model.
Thanks all.
Best

·
Registered
290 Posts
It's likely a result of the Takata airbag recall, what with some 80 million vehicles affected. So, no surprise there are no parts available yet. The problem with Takata inflators is they can rupture, sending hot shards of metal at you at 200 mph.

My '07 Accord had the driver's and passenger's airbag inflators replaced four times. Two with parts of the original, defective design and the last two times with a completely different design.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ms3224a. Yeah, I'm familiar with the Takata situataion, but originally found the 2000 Gen 1.5 CR-V did not use those bags. I'm wondering in this was a issue where only 2000 models that for any reason had to have their air bags replaced at some point, where replaced with either the deadly Takata bags or with another manufacturers bag that was also defective. I appreciate you responding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts