Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday night, my girlfriend and I were driving home (her in the crv, me in the car behind her), and she had some problems with her car. All of a sudden, I see her car backfire 3 times and she pulls over to the side of the highway. At that point, the car would not start. She also mentioned that the car was jerking a little bit before it backfired. I'm assuming that it was misfiring right before this happened. After sitting for a little while, the car started up and ran just fine and we drove another 10 miles until the car died again. There was no backfire, but after the car stalled it would not start back up. We had to get a tow the rest of the way. About 3 hours after we arrived back, I was able to start the car right up. It ran perfectly. My guess is that it is a problem with the distributor. After browsing this forum, I have noticed that it looks like the distributors can be a common problem. Also, the car had a code for an o2 sensor for a long time before the incident, but I didn't get to check to see if there were any new codes. I have a new distributor that I am ready to put in, but I wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone had any other suggestions.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Does the car still have the o2 sensor code?
If not, how did you fix it?
If you just cleared it without finding the cause it may have done the cat in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts