Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this car and I'm wondering what tools should I keep on me? Metric? Any special sizes I should have? Any other special tools for working on it that to should keep on me? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
895 Posts
I guess it depends on what you want to be able to work on. But for most small issues regular hand tools will be all you need. Screw drivers, metric wrenches, a couple pairs of pliers for hose clamps (I like the long needle nose pliers for this), and a 3/8 drive socket set with some sockets and a couple extensions. Working on cars, especially if there are rusty fasteners, I prefer using 6 point sockets instead of the 12 point ones. 6 points are a lot less likely to round the head off of a bolt.

As far as sizes go. Honda is pretty consistent with fastener sizes and usually stick with the standard sizes like 8, 10, 12, 14, 17, and occasionally a 19 on suspension stuff. The lug nuts are also 19mm. If for some reason you decide you want to be able to take an axle out on the side of the road you will need some 1/2" drive stuff and probably something like a 32mm socket. I'm not 100% sure of the axle nut size on those. But it will be between a 26 and a 32mm usually.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts