Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rear sensor that is throwing a code for the heater circuit. I have cleared the code several times as well as inspected the wiring beneath the vehicle. I appears you may need to be double jointed to change this thing as well as access the connector inside the vehicle behind the center console. Any advice on this? Also is there a preference on the manufacturer? The local suppliers carry both NGK and Bosch. The local dealer and I have had too many differences for me to return. I contacted Honda Canada on the problems but they never followed up. Not a fan of aftermarket parts but little choice here. Any input on the replacement of this sensor would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I like NGK but many use Denso O2's.

Haven't replaced one on a CRV but other Honda's I have changed were not a problem in the least.

·
MECP Audio Expert
2,076 Posts
They are easy, yours does need a new one, And there is a special wrench you can wrench to get it unscrewed if its stuck. You need to get the ngk one. Also the connector to unplug the sensor is straight up 6-8 inches in side the engine bay, not in the dash.

·
MECP Audio Expert
2,076 Posts
Sorry. Mine does, but maybe I already pulled mine through. I have had to remove mine multiple times, as well as the shifter cables, so there is a chance I moved it, or my 98 is just different. All the hondas Ive owned the plug was accessable in the bay, but again, I prob moved mine. Sorry if I passed on the wrong info. I forget modifying things sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts