Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I have a Japanese motor in my CRV. I drive it fine, it's absolutely amazing, but it is literally just setting off. My idle drops and stays at 500RPM when at a stop, be it in 1st or just neutral. I cleaned my IACV, but I didn't disconnect it from any of the pipes that were connected to it. I am going to try clean it again properly. Cleaning the build up of carbon inside it though didn't do anything at all, and tapping it whilst my engine is on, doesn't effect the idle at all. It never drops below 500/ 480 ish, and it doesn't rattle the car hardly at all, you can feel it shaking but not crazy. I have already drained and burped the cooling system, no luck. Anyone have any idea as to what is going on? Got 76 views on my other post, but no one replied. Hopefully someone sees this and can answer.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Okay, so I have a Japanese motor in my CRV. I drive it fine, it's absolutely amazing, but it is literally just setting off. My idle drops and stays at 500RPM when at a stop, be it in 1st or just neutral. I cleaned my IACV, but I didn't disconnect it from any of the pipes that were connected to it. I am going to try clean it again properly. Cleaning the build up of carbon inside it though didn't do anything at all, and tapping it whilst my engine is on, doesn't effect the idle at all. It never drops below 500/ 480 ish, and it doesn't rattle the car hardly at all, you can feel it shaking but not crazy. I have already drained and burped the cooling system, no luck. Anyone have any idea as to what is going on? Got 76 views on my other post, but no one replied. Hopefully someone sees this and can answer.
Clean the the throttle body. Another thing to look into is the MAP sensor. On my Jeep I had a sporadic idle until I cleaned the throttle body, replaced the IAC and the MAP.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, cheers for the help with that! I'll get right to that today, I'll let you know if it helps :)

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
After cleaning the throttle body or anything that may affect the idle, do the 'idle re-learn procedure'.
If you disconnect the battery, do the 'idle re-learn procedure'.
The computer will eventually relearn itself, however it does it quicker if you use the procedure.
If interested, look up how to properly do it.
Buffalo4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts