Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Honda CR-V, 4 wheel drive, Auto, w/160k

Just replaced the distributor after a bad TDC sensor CEL. Put the new one in, hooked it up and proceeded to set timing. I warmed the car up until fans turned off and jumped the service connector. I've run out of adjustment room with the distributor. I'm 6 degrees to advanced. I noted the old distributor was turned to same position, with no room further adjustment. My timing light is a cheap one so that is first suspect. Could the car be out of mechanical timing? I can confirm TDC on #1 when the pointer aligns with the tdc mark on the pulley. Tomorrow I can dig deeper and check the timing belt. Thoughts?

^^ike

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
More research on the Internet may provide the correct answer, but it sounds like the distributor may be one tooth off.

Buffalo4

·
Registered
30 Posts
Exactly what engine light code are you having! Have you checked to see if your cam, crank pulley and piston is at top dead center? Is your spark plug wires in the correct firing order on the distributor? Check the rotor button to make sure its pointing to the Number 1 spark plug wire at TDC (top dead center). Use a OBD2 scanner to get some live data and try to decipher it to ensure all the sensors are reading correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts