Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 crv 151,000 miles it has P1399 code i just adjusted the valves and it had three that very only slighty tight the specs for exhaust valve lash is .008 the three valves in found that were tight were like .005 when it is hot outside and the AC is on it stumbles when you first presss the gas but the more you press the gas it cleares up otherwise it runs fine ithes an indiactor that it has burnt valves i thought i would find the exhaust valve to be tighter then .005 it the valves had ressended and got tight and burnt i m prepared to pull the head ASAP but i thought i would post on here for advise before doing so

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you do a compression test?? I would do so before just pulling the head off. A leakdown test would be helpful also if you have access to the equipment.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
That code can have many causes.
That gen of CRV seems to have problems with the ignition coil and the igniter going bad.
Since no exhaust valves were really tight, I would believe that they did not recede enough to cause any major problems.
Start with the simpler things. Check the resistance of your spark plug wires, the condition of your distributor cap and rotor, the coil resistance (if it is only slightly off what is specified, replace it) etc.
Having a misfire for a long time can cause unburnt fuel to get to the catalytic converter and destroy it.
Again, good spark plugs, dizzy cap and rotor, wires and coil should be at the top of your list.
Buffalo4
PS: Some have had their problems cleared up by using a bottle of Techron or Sea Foam.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea theres a bottle of techron in it, i put it in the first day it started to misfire. So what ive done..

New coil
New cap
New rotor
New spark plugs
Techron
Valve adjustment
150 150 160 155 compression

Guess ill look at the ignitor if that could be a possibility, is there a way to test it that doesnt involve the car running, since my issue is hidden until driving it, like a resistance check or something, ive heard the crank position sensor can cause issues but i would suspect that it would miss more frequently and not run fine for long periods of time and cause issue when warm. Must be electrical somehow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts